Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
you reckon we would get one in just about 4 weeks time

De Jong is not the level of Bernardo so Ill ask...who do you think we could get that is the same level if we let him go.

Oh no you misunderstand. I don't know who, but I'm expressing confidence that City won't let him go without someone they see as an equivalent replacement. So I'm not worrying.

Big Ruben doing his bit
MCm.gif

Appreciate your response mate, and agree with your last statement about targeting global marketing 100%. However...

Please do not take this as disrespect, as perhaps you misunderstood me as notice, perhaps unintentionally a bit of a straw man hint here:

I never suggested, nor would I ever suggest City ONLY care about, or care MORE about marketing in the UK/England and therefore globally as evidenced by signing Grealish.

This is what I wrote last, key details bold and more key underlined:

Also, hard to compare Grealish shirt sales after 1 season that was disappointing to KDB around the peak of his performance level. Signing Grealish is an investment over time where more years are needed to gain the appopriate data to compare.

However, what we can compare somewhat more closely, yet not without flaws I can list, is who is more readily marketable when they arrived at City.

• KDB was the "£55m Flop" that many in the UK questioned even though was Bundesliga POY, after 1 season, but everyone remembers his time at Chelsea.

• Grealish was already a star in England due the Euros and closer PL watchers who don't just check the top 6.

• Grealish was LESS known/marketable globally...

• KDB, in all truth, practically didn't even exist compared to Grealish, in marketing readiness, when we signed him.

• KDB has gone under the radar to more casual/average fans globally really until the last 2 seasons.

I was in the Phillipines summer 2019 and met a fantastic Spainiard bloke whilst on a long day trip who was from Madrid but was actually a massive Barca fan. We talked football for a while and it was great fun.

Yet...this Barca fan, who wasn't a football dummy didn't know who KDB was, nor how good he was.

That says it all to me. Was KDB not a World Class level player in 2019? The club is "Bigger" now, yes, but KDB doesn't have the same more superficial attributes that attracts casual fans that connects to marketability.

If Grealish was at KDB levels he'd sell far more shirts. I'd have no problem putting money on that wager, and I love KDB.
I 100% get what your saying and agree IF Grealish was as effective and as good a player a KDB we would sell shirts in millions with his name.

We do without doubt have a huge issue with our reputation in the UK, but we all know why that is, our owners ethnicity / religion/location. Same thing is going to happen with Newcastle and probably far worse.

Jack Grealish is not going to change that, our football , business model and reality will be the only thing that changes this disgusting campaign against us or a change in attitude of the club in relationship to the passive nature they have displayed in allowing these attacks to continue.

Bernardo is just on 150,000 per week. He will earn around 300,000 minimum at Barca. He still has 3 years left with us. If he signed improved contract he will be here for the rest of his major career. He doesnt want to commit more with us and he wants pay rise as well. I think he is underpaid as well. So of course he will be interested to go barca.
On top of that he has got mendes who wants money, more money.

Bernardo is just on 150,000 per week. He will earn around 300,000 minimum at Barca. He still has 3 years left with us. If he signed improved contract he will be here for the rest of his major career. He doesnt want to commit more with us and he wants pay rise as well. I think he is underpaid as well. So of course he will be interested to go barca.
On top of that he has got mendes who wants money, more money.
He'll earn 300k a week at barca until 12 months after he signs then they will be getting him to take a pay cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.