Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't fill me with confidence those quotes keeping Bernardo in this window will be a massive plus.
I don’t see anything wrong. He is playing it well. The player needs to know he can leave if that’s what he wants but only on the clubs terms. Most of our important players over the years are non transferable. At this stage in the window I hope he does not go as it would leave us scrambling to replace a vital player. Pep seems calm about it and the lb position. The club won’t hang him out to dry.

More than likely, Bernie will see out another season and go next summer. Small edit after pep’s quotes. Bernie is happy either way so it’s all down to Barcelona being able to raise the funds out of their magic money tree. It’s not a situation the club should be in but when you have the cules at the door you know the games they play when trying to prise away a player.

Last edited:
As many have already said De Jong is directly tied to Bernardo. If he leaves I'm sure Barca will buy him, if they can't ship him off then the transfer is probably delayed 1 year.

Not a great situation again for the club, there simply is no way to replace Bernardo for us. Whoever we buy won't be at that level for a good while at least. It will be up to the players like Foden, Mahrez etc to show if they can step up to world class to offset the loss of Bernardo.

As many have already said De Jong is directly tied to Bernardo. If he leaves I'm sure Barca will buy him, if they can't ship him off then the transfer is probably delayed 1 year.

Not a great situation again for the club, there simply is no way to replace Bernardo for us. Whoever we buy won't be at that level for a good while at least. It will be up to the players like Foden, Mahrez etc to show if they can step up to world class to offset the loss of Bernardo.
Foden will not sure Mahrez has another level.

Screenshot_20220805-100504_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220805-100548_Samsung Internet.jpgCan anyone confirm where quote 1 came from- article or podcast?

Pep said it All. If Bernardo wants to leave we won't stop him.. Barca has to offer what we ask . If they do Bernardo is off.

It seems to me from pep's answer that Bernardo still has a desire to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.