Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see anything wrong. He is playing it well. The player needs to know he can leave if that’s what he wants but only on the clubs terms. Most of our important players over the years are non transferable but unhappy players no matter how good need sold. At this stage in the window I hope he does not go as it would leave us scrambling to replace a vital player. Pep seems calm about it and the lb position. The club won’t hang him out to dry.

More than likely, Bernie will see out another season and go next summer.
I would like to think City have some sort of deadline in place for the deal to be done. We don't want to be looking for a replacement in the last week of the window. Like yourself I am still hopeful we have one more season with Bernardo in a City shirt.

There's no way we should let him leave now. Not enough time to replace. Scout out a suitable replacement over the next year then let him leave next year. He's got a contract to fulfill and he's not the kind of player to sulk.

Hopefully it's €100m if we are planning on sell him which is not ideal. Some figure that were floated around were around €75m which is Cucurella money. Hopefully we don't bend and accept low figure. He is Bernardo silva and not Ferran Torres or Eric Garcia

Hopefully it's €100m if we are planning on sell him which is not ideal. Some figure that were floated around were around €75m which is Cucurella money. Hopefully we don't bend and accept low figure. He is Bernardo silva and not Ferran Torres or Eric Garcia
And they are Barcelona, they enjoy certain privileges with us. It's a Catalan thing, you wouldn't understand...none of us would.

And they are Barcelona, they enjoy certain privileges with us. It's a Catalan thing, you wouldn't understand...none of us would.
Tbf €100m is less. It's Fofana money. Ideally we should be asking basic Grealish level money plus bonuses.They have paid big yhey are selling their future revenues, they can sell some more

As many have already said De Jong is directly tied to Bernardo. If he leaves I'm sure Barca will buy him, if they can't ship him off then the transfer is probably delayed 1 year.

Not a great situation again for the club, there simply is no way to replace Bernardo for us. Whoever we buy won't be at that level for a good while at least. It will be up to the players like Foden, Mahrez etc to show if they can step up to world class to offset the loss of Bernardo.
The strangest thing with this Bernardo, Barca, FDJ situation is that FDJ is probably the best replacement we could get for Bernardo out there. If Barca really want Bernardo, why dont they just offer FDJ in exchange, if they really want him out? FDJ coming in as Bernardos replacement, if we would sell him, I could accept. I would be a downgrade in my opinion, but I could accept it if Bernardo wanted out. Barca selling FDJ to United/Chelsea, us selling Bernardo to Barca and ending up replacing him with someone like Paqueta would see one club being the big loser in this transfer domino, and that would be us. A Bernardo FDJ swap would make so much more sense for Barca, FDJ and us. Perhaps thats what really holding his deal with United/Chelsea up?

Or, hopefully, the real reason there is no FDJ links to us is because Bernardo is staying and the rest is just noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.