Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought I’d say this, as I love watching Silva, but I’ve had enough of begging him to stay at City. You come to Manchester City to win trophies in the best league in the World and then have the rest of your life to play on the sand. Sorry if that’s not good enough but it’s a job.

I hope City get a replacement in and then sell him (not the other way around)

Gone are the days you can look at a player and say that he's all in for the badge and the shirt, if he goes he goes, we just need to make sure we are getting paid for him.

bernardo is nowhere near our best player or the most important player.
He is one of them in games against Liverpool.

We’ll never get the best out of Bernardo unless KDB is out for any length of time. It’s no coincidence that Bernardo’s best season came when KDB was injured for months.

Hopefully, Txiki has identified the player we need to replace him with, should the transfer go through.

What's the story with Silva?

Is there an actual chance you could lose him to Barca? From the sounds of it, he seems desperate to go there but I can't understand why? He's got everything he could ever wish for at City - a winning juggernaut of a team, best manager in the world, high wages, playing with other star players and the team players fantastic football.

Literally, what more could he want, apart from a misguided lust for playing for Barca? I can't for the life of me understand why players are falling over themselves to go there. Horrible club.

Valuation is an interesting thing. What is value for money? It's hard to truly know, but a player's value is determined by the seller and the buyer. Is Haaland a £51m striker? Is Grealish a £100m player? My gut feeling is that €85m is slightly under what we should accept, but I don't think it's the travesty that some people are making it out to be.

Even understanding how we accommodate players I'd be disappointed if we let Bernie leave this late in the window, the season having started.

Agree something for next summer at this rate if needs be.

He is one of them in games against Liverpool.

We’ll never get the best out of Bernardo unless KDB is out for any length of time. It’s no coincidence that Bernardo’s best season came when KDB was injured for months.

Hopefully, Txiki has identified the player we need to replace him with, should the transfer go through.
yes that is just one game. pep can find different solutions. I happen to think Lucas Paqueta would be a improvement to bernardo attacking wise without much drop in work rate

I see several people still act as if City are taking money out of their pocket when it comes to transfers. I am not arsed if he goes for 10m or 100M. What difference does it make?

The club could sign any replacement regardless of fee and will do so if they think its necessary.

Maybe I just have blind faith in Pep and the others.

yes that is just one game. pep can find different solutions. I happen to think Lucas Paqueta would be a improvement to bernardo attacking wise without much drop in work rate
I’d be surprised if he could be the link 6/8 that Bernardo is in the biggest games.

Maybe Phillips can become that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.