Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree but if it’s a case of the only way to replace him this window is to sell him cheaper then what can we do? Yes we can stop him but we did that last summer so will he just take it on the chin again or be an arse? He was promised he could go allegedly so maybe €85m is the max we can get now to secure our replacement?
We can replace him intern (grealish,foden,palmer,mcatee) or extern (felix,paqueta etc) at anytime and it shouldn`t depend on the selling price or the time of the transfer. Some players are always "unhappy" during transfer window especially with mendez in their ear. Bernardo had more than 2 months to sort his future out. It shouldn`t be our problem that he wasn´t a priority at Barca.

"if someone is unhappy he can go if we get the right valuation" -if €85m with 3 year left on his contract & late in the window is txikis valuation in todays market then it`s embarrassing

What's the story with Silva?

Is there an actual chance you could lose him to Barca? From the sounds of it, he seems desperate to go there but I can't understand why? He's got everything he could ever wish for at City - a winning juggernaut of a team, best manager in the world, high wages, playing with other star players and the team players fantastic football.

Literally, what more could he want, apart from a misguided lust for playing for Barca? I can't for the life of me understand why players are falling over themselves to go there. Horrible club.
It’s sunny apparently maybe he could play in Egypt.

Actually it’s really hot in Manchester today so you never know!

I fear he has one foot out of the door at this stage. Between Paris and Barca, he is expecting one of them to come up with the cash and he will take either move :(

Seems to be more a lifestyle decision than a footballing one.

Despite reports he is putting down roots in Manchester, people closer to him say it is nothing that binds him.

We could have some seriously big till before deadline day to spend.
Do you see us saying end of week or fuck off
And would we go all in on Jude Bellingham because anyone else isn't worth dealing for imo

Yes, clearly. But we're still three weeks away from the window closing. As it stands, I'd say we're a regular left-back away from having the best squad we've ever had.

Bernardo is replaceable. His highs are stratospheric but he is often not performing at that level. I'd rather he stayed and certainly if he goes then not replacing him is an issue. But it doesn't sound yet like his departure is inevitable so I think we just need to see how things play out in the next few weeks.

Disagree with your assessment of Bernardo. Every player is replaceable but he really is special. There are those who see it and those who don't so I don't think there's much point of getting into the ins and outs of it.

Losing a player who wants to leave is just a part of football and I already thought he'd be off this summer but now the season has started and I'm not fully convinced we can get an adequate replacement in time.

I'm not ruling out Neymar yet, even if Pep has. Something which could happen very quickly if the wheels started to turn.
Surely PSG couldn't afford Bernie's fee plus wages wiithout sacrificing someone?

This saga doesn't seem to be going away, so i'm hoping if he does leave this summer, we bring in someone like Neymar or Felix as a replacement.

I fear he has one foot out of the door at this stage. Between Paris and Barca, he is expecting one of them to come up with the cash and he will take either move :(

Seems to be more a lifestyle decision than a footballing one.

Despite reports he is putting down roots in Manchester, people closer to him say it is nothing that binds him.

We could have some seriously big till before deadline day to spend.
Do you know anything of his motivation mate? On the face of it he has everything. Lovely girlfriend, best manager in the world, a squad and fans that love him to bits, a team that is capable of sweeping everything before them. Nobody forced him into his contract. WTF?
He wants warm weather? It just doesn't compute. Anything you can share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.