Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every player is replaceable but he really is special.
I agree 100% but I think he is beginning to see he could and would be a lot more special if not more consistent in another team and if he wants away- removing that between his ears might help him even more even though it hurts us in the meantime having go fill his void.

I see several people still act as if City are taking money out of their pocket when it comes to transfers. I am not arsed if he goes for 10m or 100M. What difference does it make?

The club could sign any replacement regardless of fee and will do so if they think its necessary.

Maybe I just have blind faith in Pep and the others.
You're talking absolute bollocks mate. It's the principle. You can't just give in to a club who are trying to tap up our player and give him to them for a ridiculously cheap price.

If they want Bernardo, they pay the price he's worth and none of this add ons bollocks. Pay hard cash upfront!

Cucurella went for 62. Bernardo goes for 100m minimum or 60-70m plus FDJ/Gavi. What kind of message does this send out if we let go of a World Class Player for the same price as Brighton and Everton let go of Cucurella and Richarlison.

Makes us look Small Time.

That's way too low. The number is fine, but the currency is wrong.

If he were in the last year of his contract, maybe.

I think anywhere around £85-90m is the club doing Bernardo a favour and facilitating his move, myself. Which I think they would do, and I wouldn't begrudge. Barcelona won't come with that though, this summer so all moot imo.

Disagree with your assessment of Bernardo. Every player is replaceable but he really is special. There are those who see it and those who don't so I don't think there's much point of getting into the ins and outs of it.

Losing a player who wants to leave is just a part of football and I already thought he'd be off this summer but now the season has started and I'm not fully convinced we can get an adequate replacement in time.
It is about opinions, yes. I think he CAN be special and goes through spells when he IS special, but he does drop off those levels after a few weeks. He arguably put in the best full season of any player in our history in 2018/19, but I don't think he's hit those heights since that time with the exception of a few short spells in 20/21 and 21/22. I do agree with some earlier comments about him appearing to be more effective when De Bruyne doesn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.