Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much crap talked about debt, Barca are huge like it or not, they will always be a special case, sadly same with the raggys.

Yeah Money keeps coming into any club that then make them able to pay the interest on that debt all fine and dandy!

Premier league and football in this country will not die it be massive tv deals for tens of years to come!

Man City are also now here to stay up around the top 6 just because they way we are run!

Most of the players have agreed to salary reduction not deferment but reduction to allow other players to get registered
Most have deferred including the little fella Messi, Barca will still be paying that fella for decades.

Too much crap talked about debt, Barca are huge like it or not, they will always be a special case, sadly same with the raggys.

You are tight but also so wrong… I guess they are a special case in footballing terms but big organisations always make this mistake… too big to go bust, huge revenue stream… Pan Am, Polaroid, Kodak, Enron, Woolworths, Debenham’s would disagree.

To be fair back in the 80s we were in a similar predicament, run into the ground by a lunatic, but still a huge club that someone would want to take over and return to former glories.

The bigger the club the more people want to get involved and the easier it is to raise cash.

It's going to take them years to get back to where they were IMO, as long as they spend a decade with their arses hanging out of their trousers I am happy.

Liquidation is too good for them.

It's going to take them years to get back to where they were IMO, as long as they spend a decade with their arses hanging out of their trousers I am happy.

Liquidation is too good for them.
It simply depends on how they do on the pitch, once a huge club gets momentum it takes some stopping, and the cash comes rolling in.

Laporta has taken a calculated gamble, success on the pitch.

You are tight but also so wrong… I guess they are a special case in footballing terms but big organisations always make this mistake… too big to go bust, huge revenue stream… Pan Am, Polaroid, Kodak, Enron, Woolworths, Debenham’s would disagree.
Barca almost represent a wannabe nation (Catalonia) just as Real are the national club side.

Neither would be allowed to go bankrupt, it WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Not as "tight" as Barca ;)

Reactions: nmc
True, but do you not think there was more planning in that than pure lucky coincidence? Not so much benfica's exit which is obviously out of the club's control, but more their deliberate patient wait to see if the CL qualifications resulted in any new available players.

At a time when it was obvious we needed a CB and we were all panicking about missing out on one as reported target after guessed target was deemed too expensive or became unavailable, the club held their nerve going into the final couple of weeks and then reacted quickly and decisively to a change of situation of club and a player they had their eye on for at least a whole year.

Definitely planning and watching to see what might transpire rather than overpaying for Koulibaly or Kounde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.