Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth are Barca getting away with signing these players if they cannot be registered?? How is it allowed and how is it being "paid" for??
By fritting away the club’s future. I think I would be funny as fuck if this all came crashing down for them in the next decade.

He’s just done a full two page spread for ESPN that was conveniently staged around a boot deal/new boots, where the questions inevitably led to is he happy City etc etc etc, which is now being quoted in every news agency, not to mention the mumbling interview he gave in the states, if this was any other player they’d be getting pelters (which I’m not advocating) but because we all love him it’s acceptable, I expect him to ramp things up a little more but not cause any aggro, he looks uncomfortable & is at pains to say he wants to be respectful, which probably means Barca have asked him to rock the boat a little (cunts) to facilitate a lower fee
I think the opposite to this.

This is as far as he’s going to go, he doesn’t look uncomfortable, I think he genuinely has a respectful relationship with the club and fans and means what he says, and he isn’t and won’t rock the boat.

After reading the interview I felt more at ease about the situation.

I’ve just read the article in the MEN in which Bernie “breaks silence” on this matter and I don’t see any change in what we already knew. The Club want to keep him but won’t stand in his way if he wants to leave and brings an appropriate offer. He sounds like he wants to leave but is “happy to stay” if it doesn’t happen.

So, assuming Barcelona is the only possible destination, it’s up to them to come up with an ”appropriate offer”. Considering that they can’t register a bunch of players they have already signed and (according to what I have read on here) still owe us for Torres, it’s hard to see how they are going to do that. I have read this morning that Pique will play for free and Chelsea are ready to sign DeJong and Aubameyang so maybe that will raise enough cash.

I thought it was a refreshingly honest interview with Bernardo, but only confirms what we already knew. He would like to move for personal reasons, and who can begrudge him that, but the club need to receive an acceptable offer otherwise he is happy to stay. Reading between the lines, I think he realises that he’s going to be here this season which is great for us.

The club’s policy of allowing unhappy players to leave isn’t popular with some, but I think it’s a sensible approach. It keeps the dressing room harmonious, and creates a mutual respect between the players and the club. This is a big factor in why the likes of Kompany, Aguero and David Silva stayed so long, and probably played a part in attracting Haaland this summer.

I thought it was a refreshingly honest interview with Bernardo, but only confirms what we already knew. He would like to move for personal reasons, and who can begrudge him that, but the club need to receive an acceptable offer otherwise he is happy to stay. Reading between the lines, I think he realises that he’s going to be here this season which is great for us.

The club’s policy of allowing unhappy players to leave isn’t popular with some, but I think it’s a sensible approach. It keeps the dressing room harmonious, and creates a mutual respect between the players and the club. This is a big factor in why the likes of Kompany, Aguero and David Silva stayed so long, and probably played a part in attracting Haaland this summer.
The policy of keeping players happy is so important. Without wishing to sound paranoid I think there is a reluctance for clubs to sell to us. We are I am sure working on that with loans of top Eds players etc. In the meantime it’s vital that we are known amongst players as being THE top employer and I think that message is getting across

If he goes good luck to him but the issue for me is if it's late in the window which it's likely to be we may not get time to get a replacement in.
The squad is looking very thin as it is, any injury crisis could have a bad impact on the season espacially seen as we have a world cup in the mix too.

I think the opposite to this.

This is as far as he’s going to go, he doesn’t look uncomfortable, I think he genuinely has a respectful relationship with the club and fans and means what he says, and he isn’t and won’t rock the boat.

After reading the interview I felt more at ease about the situation.
The way we have dealt with Raz, Jesus and Bernie helps us to sign Phillips, Haaland and other future stars. It's very simple: bring us a good, fair offer and we won't stand in your way if you'd prefer to be elsewhere. He doesn't need to rock the boat. Bernie knows this, and when a good fair offer hasn't come he's got his head down and worked harder than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.