Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo should just say to his gf…

Right, I know it’s cold, dark and rainy for 9 months of the year and the food isn’t great but let’s just stick this out for 3 years.
I then become a legend at this club. We are filthy rich and I would achieve almost all the footballing goals I can in my professional life.
Then in 3 years, I’ll be past my best and we’ll go back to Benicia for a lovely homecoming.
3 years here, 50 years anywhere we want.
What do you say, love?…

Why are people assuming it's his partner wanting the move and not him and/or both of them? Sounds like he's been wanting this move since before he even met her.

So, Barca have activated the fourth lever and their mouthpieces saying that they should be able to register all their signings. If de Jong leaves, then I'd expect them to bid for Bernardo, and probably get him. To be honest, it seems Bernardo is pretty set on leaving, and while I'd be sad, I'd rather this get sorted this year.
Everybody seems to be forgetting we've said more than £80m ... but more importantly and only if we get a replacement first.... virtually impossible to get an adequate replacement for Bernardo with just over 2 weeks left in the window

Right, I know it’s cold, dark and rainy for 9 months of the year and the food isn’t great but let’s just stick this out for 3 years.
I then become a legend at this club. We are filthy rich and I would achieve almost all the footballing goals I can in my professional life.
Then in 3 years, I’ll be past my best and we’ll go back to Benicia for a lovely homecoming.
What do you say, love?…
Sure if the weather is getting him down won't he have a nice winter break in the sun this year.
This needs to be put to bed by all concerned right now. An agreement can be reached for him to leave next summer and we will have a year to find the right replacement.

Sure if the weather is getting him down won't he have a nice winter break in the sun this year.
This needs to be put to bed by all concerned right now. An agreement can be reached for him to leave next summer and we will have a year to find the right replacement.
Isn't that kind of where we were last summer by all accounts though? I don't think anything has changed, he can leave, but somebody needs to put a serious offer in. It didn't happen last summer so it was deferred until this summer, and once again nobody has come forward with a serious offer.

What do you say, love?…
We only get around 150 rainy days a year in Manchester and the food is very nice (bloody loads of good places to eat)!

Interesting to see this reported in The Guardian on the latest Barca "lever" deal that we all must gather is also to help with their plan to sign Bernardo.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2022/aug/12/premier-league-team-news-and-transfer-latest-weekend-football-countdown?CMP=share_btn_tw&page=with:block-62f62ff28f083b8f443ffdef#block-62f62ff28f083b8f443ffdef Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 10.47.46 AM.png

This is from the article linked at the bottom on MediaPro the company the same person, Roures, was managing:

Mediapro agreed to pay Ligue 1 clubs €3.25bn over four seasons. They did not even keep up their payments for four months...

There had been concerns about Mediapro from the start. When the rights were sold in 2018, critics pointed out that a similar deal with Serie A had fallen through because the Spanish broadcaster had not offered adequate financial guarantees. Gaetano Miccichè, the president of Serie A at the time, said the assurances provided by Mediapro were “unacceptable”. Worryingly, Nice CEO Bob Ratcliffe said earlier this year that, as far as he understood, the LFP had “never asked for” similar guarantees.

To me, this further suggests Barca will seek to sign him now, not next summer.

This latest "lever" deal sounds incredibly risky and effectively bonkers on the outside looking in - and I'm willing to state maybe it works - that they may not be able to sign anyone after this season until whoever knows when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.