Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really that hard for Bernardo’s Mrs to get a private jet/flight that takes 2 hours to Manchester and stay in Manchester every other week? (by comparison it takes just as long to get to London by train)
I appreciate there’s the hassle of packing and flying, but she can leave her clothes in Manchester or buy new clothes and leave them here. As it’s a private flight there’s no need to piss about in the airport dropping baggage off and going through security. As it’s August there’s still a couple of months of decent weather before Autumn kicks in. Come on, life can’t be that hard. I’m not having a go at her, but making a few sacrifices to be with Bernardo in Manchester isn’t that hard to do.

I’m sure Haaland understands what the concept of pressing means.

I’m not sure that Haaland knows how Pep wants him to press as of yet and how his demands change each game, pendent on the opponent.

It‘s a bit like saying he knew where to be to score his goals for his previous teams. He’ll need to adapt his game to where he needs to be to score the optimum number of goals for us.

Yeah sure, whatever you say.

He'll start every big away game (top 6, CL, cup knockouts) he's fit for.

Haaland is going to press like everyone else. Why do you think he wouldn't?

He was averaging 12 or 13 pressues per game for Dortmund, which is a 1 below what Sterling and Jesus were doing last year, the same as Grealish and more than Mahrez.
Haaland is pressing a different way in my eyes. A lot of City's pressing is the 'hunting in packs' recovery presses, and Sterling in particular was someone who would be nipping at the ankles of the opposition as soon as there was a turnover.

Haaland appears to be pressing the keeper/full backs almost every time they have the ball. It's not the same as the kind of triggered presses Liverpool use on a defence, more a 'traditional' number 9 pressure.

As we're now a few games in, clearly if Pep wanted Haaland doing something else he'd stop him. It may be because he's not got the same close control ball retention skills of our other attackers, and so he's less useful in the recovery presses (as he's less likely to come away with the ball and take it into safe, controlled possession), or it may be that Pep wants him to keep the defence pinned back, to give the players behind more space to make up for having one less possession based player.

It'll be interesting to see how this all develops.

Sorriano has already made it quite clear that this issue has been put to bed for this transfer window. It's too late for anything to happen as we would need a replacement.

Let's move on with the squad we have and enjoy the season ahead.

Haaland is pressing a different way in my eyes. A lot of City's pressing is the 'hunting in packs' recovery presses, and Sterling in particular was someone who would be nipping at the ankles of the opposition as soon as there was a turnover.

Haaland appears to be pressing the keeper/full backs almost every time they have the ball. It's not the same as the kind of triggered presses Liverpool use on a defence, more a 'traditional' number 9 pressure.

As we're now a few games in, clearly if Pep wanted Haaland doing something else he'd stop him. It may be because he's not got the same close control ball retention skills of our other attackers, and so he's less useful in the recovery presses (as he's less likely to come away with the ball and take it into safe, controlled possession), or it may be that Pep wants him to keep the defence pinned back, to give the players behind more space to make up for having one less possession based player.

It'll be interesting to see how this all develops.
Agreed, it certainly will. I wouldn’t put it last Pep to use the false 9 occasionally as a surprise to people or even Alvarez to buzz around for an hour and then unleash a fresh Haaland to kill off teams when their press has slackened off through fatigue.

Haaland will likely start, but who knows what goes on in Pep’s head.

Bernie talk from 4 minute 15 sec onwards. I personally agree with what the panel says, saying Pep comments dont help anyone (the one where he says bernie loves Barca)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.