Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't he still got 3 years left on his deal, or am I mistaken?
It's 2 years left in the summer. As long as he keeps performing, or until an interested club matches our valuation, City will remain comfortable with the situation.

If we accept £50m for Bernardo, how much will a replacement cost us? We'd be better off holding Bernardo to his contract, getting a good 1-2 seasons out of him, & at worse we could still get £40m - £50m for him with a season left, or rinse him until the final nano-second of his contract, then bid him adios.

The other advantage of keeping Bernardo for another 1-2 seasons is that it gives us time to find, & bed in his long-term replacement.

We either get our valuation or rinse him for two years. As long as he keeps performing, City benefit.

I don't think he wants to be here anymore and I will be floored if he is still here next season. We should still comfortably get roughly what we paid for him and that goes straight into the pot for a replacement.

Pep isn't going to hold him here to run out a contract if he knows he doesn't want it. There is nothing to gain out of that.

I don't think he wants to be here anymore and I will be floored if he is still here next season. We should still comfortably get roughly what we paid for him and that goes straight into the pot for a replacement.

Pep isn't going to hold him here to run out a contract if he knows he doesn't want it. There is nothing to gain out of that.
As I've outlined previously, as long as Bernardo keeps performing, City win. We either get the reputed £80m valuation, or we rinse him until his contract ends, then wave him off to sunnier climes.

The only things that would change matters, are if his form fell off a cliff, or he put in a transfer request. He's not at the level he was 2 years ago, but he still starts in our strongest 11.

Last edited:
It's 2 years left in the summer. As long as he keeps performing, or until an interested club matches our valuation, City will remain comfortable with the situation.

If we accept £50m for Bernardo, how much will a replacement cost us? We'd be better off holding Bernardo to his contract, getting a good 1-2 seasons out of him, & at worse we could still get £40m - £50m for him with a season left, or rinse him until the final nano-second of his contract, then bid him adios.

The other advantage of keeping Bernardo for another 1-2 seasons is that it gives us time to find, & bed in his long-term replacement.

We either get our valuation or rinse him for two years. As long as he keeps performing, City benefit.
Agree with all that.

He's not going anywhere. Didn't anyone see the big smile on his face congratulating Ake on his goal? That doesn't suggest he is unhappy & wants to leave. It says to me he is happy here, happy for the rest of the squad and willingly accepts being rested on occasion even though like all players he would prefer to play every game. Players like Bernardo are few and far between. Watch his goal away to sporting. Who else could we find who can strike a ball with such precision, control, technique & balance. Players like that need to be employed by the club in any capacity they can find until he is 65 years old. Player, coach, mentor, development, etc.

lol...Bernardo kinda must be a little bit jealous that one of his best buddies got his move

As I've outlined previously, as long as Bernardo keeps performing, City win. We either get the reputed £80m valuation, or we rinse him until his contract ends, then wave him off to sunnier climes.

The only things that would change matters, are if his form fell off a cliff, or he put in a transfer request. He's not at the level he was 2 years ago, but he still starts in our strongest 11.
But at the moment he isn’t starting in the 11 mostly and for someone who has been so good in the last couple of years, it is surprising, particularly when Gundogan is hardly ripping up trees. I don’t think he will be here either next season and I can’t see us making him stay if he doesn’t want to. We have got a major rebuild coming up soon and it’s crept on us.

But at the moment he isn’t starting in the 11 mostly and for someone who has been so good in the last couple of years, it is surprising, particularly when Gundogan is hardly ripping up trees. I don’t think he will be here either next season and I can’t see us making him stay if he doesn’t want to. We have got a major rebuild coming up soon and it’s crept on us.
We've already told Bernardo he can leave for £80m. As things stand, the best I've heard was a £45m & then a £58m offer in the final hours of the summer window, which was below our valuation & which would have left us no time to find a replacement.

I think Cancelo being fucked off will accelerate Bernardo leaving in the summer. Once we start a clear out, we may as well complete it & start afresh with new, younger, hungrier recruits.

Funnily enough, I've just read a piece in the Dipper Echo saying Salah leaving Cancelo twisted in knots which led to the winner, is what caused Pep to drop him.

It wasn't! His form & attitude have been poor & we saw the same from him at the World Cup. This is the start of the clear out & rebuild we urgently need.

He's not going anywhere. Didn't anyone see the big smile on his face congratulating Ake on his goal? That doesn't suggest he is unhappy & wants to leave. It says to me he is happy here, happy for the rest of the squad and willingly accepts being rested on occasion even though like all players he would prefer to play every game. Players like Bernardo are few and far between. Watch his goal away to sporting. Who else could we find who can strike a ball with such precision, control, technique & balance. Players like that need to be employed by the club in any capacity they can find until he is 65 years old. Player, coach, mentor, development, etc.
There’s a big difference with being happy about a goal being scored v happy for 2 years of your career

We've already told Bernardo he can leave for £80m. As things stand, the best I've heard was a £45m & then a £58m offer in the final hours of the summer window, which was below our valuation & which would have left us no time to find a replacement.

I think Cancelo being fucked off will accelerate Bernardo leaving in the summer. Once we start a clear out, we may as well complete it & start afresh with new, younger, hungrier recruits.

Funnily enough, I've just read a piece in the Dipper Echo saying Salah leaving Cancelo twisted in knots which led to the winner, is what caused Pep to drop him.

It wasn't! His form & attitude have been poor & we saw the same from him at the World Cup. This is the start of the clear out & rebuild we urgently need.
Yeah. Hopefully Pep stays to oversee it and leave us in a decent position. We are starting to look a bit leggy and ponderous in games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.