Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Rice and Mount aren’t fit to lace Bernardo’s boots. But that’s not why they’re valued higher. At their ages, they both have resale value. Silva doesnt. This is his last move and whoever buys him will take the full hit.

It baffles me that no one is stumping up around 70-80 mil for one of the best midfielders in the world. I just dont get it. How are teams from europe not all over him?
The only clubs who can pay top transfer fees are PL clubs + PSG, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Given City would never sell Bernardo to a PL rival, PSG know their semi good offer is likely the best offer you will get for Bernardo unless Real Madrid and Barcelona go hard for Bernardo. There doesnt appear to be any interest from Madrid, and Barcelona are counting the pennies.

Who else other than PSG could offer a decent fee for a soon to be 29 year old Bernardo who becomes a free agent in 2 years?

Just the nature of being a Premier League club. When your buying, you get quoted $$$$$$. When your selling, you get quoted $$

Players I have never even heard of being bought by clubs for £30m+ at the moment, sometimes just based on the fact they are promising and may become good. Yet we’re potentially selling one of the best players in the world at his absolute prime for £50m. I just can’t understand this.

I don't think I ever actually read bernardo say he wants to leave just that if if he was to leave to keep within his plan to finish his career at benfica it would have to be around now

"I've been at Manchester City for almost six years, I have a lot of respect for the club, news keeps coming out and people know that there have been talks between me and the club and, at the end of the season, we'll talk again to see what's best for the two sides.

"I'm focused on winning more titles for City. We want to win the league again, we have a competition that we have never won and that is a great objective, which is the Champions League, so we want to try again."
Bernardo also claimed that he is keen to return to Benfica at some point in the future - suggesting that next summer will be crucial in determining the next stage in his career.
He added: "I'm 28 years old, I'll be 29 in the summer, and I have two more years on my Manchester City contract. My contract would end at 31. I won't hide that my goal in the coming years, if something good happens elsewhere, will probably be to move to a new project.
"Going into a new project at the age of 29, I'll only finish this contract probably at 34. If you ask me: what did you think 10 years ago? My goal was to return to Benfica at the age of 32 at the most. What do I think today? It depends on what happens next summer.
"I'm not going to lie: it's not something I don't think about. I think about it every year. It has always been a goal. I couldn't fulfil my dream of playing for Benfica when I was 19, 20 years old, but I still want to fulfil it. It's something I think about.
"When I was about to leave Manchester City two years ago, that would go right, at 32. Now it won't go right. If I leave, and I don't know if that will happen, a club that pays what City want for me won't give me a three-year contract, they will give me a five-year contract. And I'd already be 34 years old.

This was when he was last properly asked, not the usual post match comment

For all we know he could ask for a years extention and leave at 32 on a free to Benfca as he has always wanted, or he could be sold, either way he will leave with any fans good will and blessing

People who spend the summer reading transfer speculation and getting their panties in a twist though may moan about it though

Last edited:
Players I have never even heard of being bought by clubs for £30m+ at the moment, sometimes just based on the fact they are promising and may become good. Yet we’re potentially selling one of the best players in the world at his absolute prime for £50m. I just can’t understand this.

All those players are being bought by PL teams though and therefore the PL tax is included.

If we were happy to sell Bernardo to Arsenal for example, we would be comfortable getting £100m.

We live in a bubble in this country because of the amount of money everyone is swimming in. On the continent however, in comparison it is absolutely skint.

No team outside of Real Madrid, PSG or Bayern Munich will spend more then £60m on a footballer this summer.

I don't think I ever actually read vernardo say he wants to leave jist that if if he was to leave to keep within his plan to finish his career at benfica it would have to be around now

"I've been at Manchester City for almost six years, I have a lot of respect for the club, news keeps coming out and people know that there have been talks between me and the club and, at the end of the season, we'll talk again to see what's best for the two sides.

"I'm focused on winning more titles for City. We want to win the league again, we have a competition that we have never won and that is a great objective, which is the Champions League, so we want to try again."
Bernardo also claimed that he is keen to return to Benfica at some point in the future - suggesting that next summer will be crucial in determining the next stage in his career.
He added: "I'm 28 years old, I'll be 29 in the summer, and I have two more years on my Manchester City contract. My contract would end at 31. I won't hide that my goal in the coming years, if something good happens elsewhere, will probably be to move to a new project.
"Going into a new project at the age of 29, I'll only finish this contract probably at 34. If you ask me: what did you think 10 years ago? My goal was to return to Benfica at the age of 32 at the most. What do I think today? It depends on what happens next summer.
"I'm not going to lie: it's not something I don't think about. I think about it every year. It has always been a goal. I couldn't fulfil my dream of playing for Benfica when I was 19, 20 years old, but I still want to fulfil it. It's something I think about.
"When I was about to leave Manchester City two years ago, that would go right, at 32. Now it won't go right. If I leave, and I don't know if that will happen, a club that pays what City want for me won't give me a three-year contract, they will give me a five-year contract. And I'd already be 34 years old.

This was when he was last properly asked, not the usual post match comment

For al lwe onow he could ask for a years extention and leave at 32 on a free to Benfca as he has always wanted, or he could be sold, either way he will leave with any fans good will and blessing

People who spend the summer reading transfer speculation and getting their panties in a twist though may moan about it though

Yup, this could go one of multiple ways and though it'll be interesting to see how it pans out the only thing you can say is he's a bright bloke who will have thought it through for himself and he's been a great servant of the club so fair play to him whatever choice he makes.

This.

Future generations will cringe when they look back on the current crop of fake-orange, fake-lashed, fake-lipped blow-up dolls masquerading as "women".

May have gone slightly off-topic ... what was this thread again?
As an FOC with my wife for 40 years you lot are a bit fussy!

Mrs H naked was looking in the mirror the other day, she said “look at me now, 65 years old, bags under my eyes, three chins, bingo wing arms, sagging tits, bit of a belly, cellulite thighs, bloated feet” I just nodded in agreement, she said “you could give me some encouragement”

I replied “your eyesight is fucking spot on!”

Maybe these quoted low prices are the clubs reward to Bernardo for his service to the club...enabling him to get a move he wants. I don't agree with it though. Kane is 29 and he has a year on his deal. Quotes to buy him range from 80-100 mill. Surely Bernardo is worth that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.