Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love it to be possible but I struggle to see it happening, mainly because I doubt Pep would sanction this. Player had shown interest previously and is outstanding but feels more like Mendes meddling for the interests of his client

Constantly seeing comments like “he doesn’t seem happy this season” What is this based on? I’m guessing It’s entirely fabricated based on an incident that virtually nobody even remembers now and certainly doesn’t warrant dwelling on 6 months later. The club publicly backed him all the way with it, how’s that going to make him want to leave?

There’s been a drop off in form this season, it happens, every player suffers from it, he’s about to get a more prominent central role with silva leaving and Torres coming in and he’s never once suggested he’s anything but happy here.

Even if he did fancy this, he’s tied to a lengthy contract, we might respect his wishes and allow him to go if he wanted but he’s going nowhere unless we get above and beyond top dollar for him and Barca don’t have that kind of cash. They don’t have much to offer by way of a player exchange either, the ones good enough/young enough to be of interest to us aren’t going to be on the table, with respect, we’re not an Everton who they can shift their cast offs on to in exchange for a star player.

Absolute non-starter. Barca are in need of a big overhaul, I expect half of our squad to be linked with them
Based on the fact a world class player has hardly been seen this season. And based on the fact that when he has played he has not performed anywhere near his potential.
And finally his manager seems not to have the trust in him that he once had. 12 months ago he was undroppable and especially with KDB injuries, the first name on the team sheet and a potential future captain.

I hope he isn't unsettled but if he wants to go then there is no point in trying to stop him. Just make Barcelona pay through their nose.
I think unsettled was appropriate. With Barca a potential opponent this was designed to unsettle him and the team for sure. This will hit the papers and run awhile along with all the earlier stuff and his dip in form.
Barca is hoping it effects us for Lyon, because they know they can't hang with us.

Funny Barcelona spends stupid money on average players and then when comes to wanting a player of city it’s like let’s start the bid at 50m oh and we throw in a shite player we don’t want fcuk you Barcelona! Of and if we wanted one there players it be oh it’s 100m start bid for one there average players.
Yup, total disrespect and arrogance and belittling us is just part of the unsettling package.
Bernardo is untouchable as far as I'm concerned, back awhile for about a season and half he was our catalyst and
better than most in their respective positions. You can see it's turning around now.
The dip was a blip, he'll right the ship. Hip?

He have just played just as much as last seasons, if wee see on wikipedia he have played at least 50 games a season.

well if unfortunately in football your only as good as your last season and he can’t dine out on that forever , I want to see him return to form. We would never had won the 4 trophies if it wasn’t for Bernardo’s form !!

but will he ever recapture that form ?? Does he want to be here ?? He‘s body language has been strange all season , no smiling laughing etc , people say the racist stuff affected him but that was nearly a year ago and all his team mates and mendy stood by him!! He should of been able to shake that off. Seems to me he doesn’t wanna be here and he’s a asset we can get a good price for without having to go balls deep on a replacement

It's really disappointing to see the huge decline in Bernardo as, like you say, he was absolutely world class last season. Even more worrying is the fact that he hasn't done a single thing of note since the restart. Every game he has played has been a masterclass in mediocrity and you completely forget he is playing.

If the Mendy affair has affected his form so badly and for such a long period of time you have to question his mentality. I'd be surprised if he is sold this summer but if he has another poor season then I can definitely see him going next summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.