Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a longstanding fondness for Barca but recent years have reduced my affection for them. They have become a right pain, in a bad way.

The tactics of the spanish clubs off the field are very irritating.

They need to put up £100m in cash for immediate payment or fuck off.

Quite why Bernie can't just be happy to play for the best club in the world for another 3 seasons and then go on a free to his boyhood team is also tiresome.
The latest as reported by the Fail (needless to say, the 'source' is not named) is that Bernie will try and force a move if Barca make a formal bid of any description, and whilst that may be just that filthy rag stirring the pot as usual, I'm with you. I'm utterly sick of this panto every summer. He's not 'homesick', cos if he was I'm sure he could have negotiated a deal with the club that contained a cheap buy out clause for Benfica in say 2 years time. He just wants to go and play for Barca or Madrid, which I can understand (albeit that City are now better than both), but he needs to be told that, this summer at least, it ain't happening under any circumstances

I think we made a mistake to even let the parties have a feeling that a way under market price offer can do the deal because we want to be nice to players who want to leave. whats next Haalaand thinks he wants to go to Real and instead of 200m offer we are ok to accept 80m just because he said the magic words "I would like to leave".
that would be ok if thats how other teams operate in the market, but thats not the case. when we went for Kane they did not even pick up the phone despite Kane told Levy he would like to move to City. let alone giving him for us for 50m fee lol.

now Mendes,Bernardo probably fully expecting City to accept a bid of 60m pounds if they manage to get one from a buyer. Brighton would charge us more for one of their no name wingers not a world class, proven ready made treble winner Bernardo.

All this is not gonna end until he leaves for a cut price fee, or renews a long term contract which I cannot really see after 3 summers in a row of this saga.

Good thing is he is top professional and it did not affect his play, he didnt down tools et but helped us win more trophies in the meantime.

But if we charged Barca 50m euros for Torres, Bernardo should be 125m euros at the minimum. or agents will raise this low pricing next time they want to move player out of City next time on the cheap.

in return we really should put out some rumours of us wanting to sign Pedri, Araujo etc. with some over te top salaries so they start talking of their agents or getting higher salaries at Barca just to grill Laporta a bit :DD

How many times do we have to do this? There are no payments overdue
Seriously how do you KNOW this? Pique, Messi, Busquets and De Jong certainly claim very significantly overdue payments. Probably others too. In Sept 22 they were said to owe €144m to other clubs, I assume you are saying none of this was overdue?

Seriously how do you KNOW this? Pique, Messi, Busquets and De Jong certainly claim very significantly overdue payments. Probably others too. In Sept 22 they were said to owe €144m to other clubs, I assume you are saying none of this was overdue?
Its in the post by stef tweet above.

Read this. Most transfer fees are spread out over several payments over multiple years, that’s why in Sept 22 they owe €144m to other clubs. They wouldn’t be allowed to compete in UEFA competitions if they had payments overdue to other clubs

The latest as reported by the Fail (needless to say, the 'source' is not named) is that Bernie will try and force a move if Barca make a formal bid of any description, and whilst that may be just that filthy rag stirring the pot as usual, I'm with you. I'm utterly sick of this panto every summer. He's not 'homesick', cos if he was I'm sure he could have negotiated a deal with the club that contained a cheap buy out clause for Benfica in say 2 years time. He just wants to go and play for Barca or Madrid, which I can understand (albeit that City are now better than both), but he needs to be told that, this summer at least, it ain't happening under any circumstances
Obviously, I would prefer he signs a new contract, but it doesn't look like that will happen at the moment. Despite wanting to leave, Bernardo's performances on the pitch have not suffered and hopefully that will be the case for this coming season if he stays.

No chance he leaves this late in the window.
Will go next year with one year left on contract for 30-40m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.