Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we bought a top class forward and moved Phil into the midfield wouldn't necessarily make us weaker. But I would just prefer we keep Bernardo.
I think selling Bernardo would be a disaster we don’t even have an additional forward if Harland gets injured. He doesn’t seem to fancy delap

Nobody is replacing Rodney anyway so doesn't matter if he can play there or not - especially with the outlay for Phillips too.

FDJ is the perfect number 8 - as you said, box-to-box - and would fit into this team like a fookin' glove. I feel if we wanted him, though, then we'd have known about it by now. Also, didn't he leak that he doesn't like Manchester?

Could be (probably) an excuse to divert Utd's attentions to be fair. I'm sure he's spoke of regret of not coming to us/Pep in an interview from the past few years.

If we ended up with De Jong and Phillips, we've pretty much covered off Bernardo's skillset. If you need non-stop running and tenacious tackling and pressing, pick Phillips. If you want to hog the ball and have deep lying creativity, go for De Jong.

Obviously you're not getting it in one player, but both also have their areas where they'd add more to the team.

Rodri, Phillips, De Jong, KDB, Gundogan is a fantastic selection of midfielders that lets you build any kind of midfield you want, for any formation or tactic.

I'd sooner end it with Bernardo but as I said earlier, I'm fed up of his constant pining for a club with worse prospects, in financial turmoil, a board who treat their current players like shit and a fanbase that won't award him the cult hero status he's claimed here. If he doesn't want to be here he can go. If he does, shut the rumours down and get on with it.

What else can Barcelona sell off to meet our £100mill(and the rest) valuation of Bernardo?

If we ended up with De Jong and Phillips, we've pretty much covered off Bernardo's skillset. If you need non-stop running and tenacious tackling and pressing, pick Phillips. If you want to hog the ball and have deep lying creativity, go for De Jong.

Obviously you're not getting it in one player, but both also have their areas where they'd add more to the team.

Rodri, Phillips, De Jong, KDB, Gundogan is a fantastic selection of midfielders that lets you build any kind of midfield you want, for any formation or tactic.

I'd sooner end it with Bernardo but as I said earlier, I'm fed up of his constant pining for a club with worse prospects, in financial turmoil, a board who treat their current players like shit and a fanbase that won't award him the cult hero status he's claimed here. If he doesn't want to be here he can go. If he does, shut the rumours down and get on with it.
Have I missed somthing about de jong ?

I think selling Bernardo would be a disaster we don’t even have an additional forward if Harland gets injured. He doesn’t seem to fancy delap
I love Bernardo but if we brought in a world class wide left player like Leao and moved Foden into Bernardo's spot we'd be more than OK. Maybe I'm in the minority but I expect Foden to eventually surpass Bernardo playing as an 8.

I love Bernardo but if we brought in a world class wide left player like Leao and moved Foden into Bernardo's spot we'd be more than OK. Maybe I'm in the minority but I expect Foden to eventually surpass Bernardo playing as an 8.
Leao is nowhere near world class. Played well in a few games for Milan last season, but still very very raw.

I'd have Nkunku over him, more tenacity and grit IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.