Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
comparing grealish to bernardo is hilarious ffs jack doesnt have a quarter of bernies work rate and stamina. I mean, im yet to discover what grealish does at an high enough level to be a city starter or worth 100 mil. Hes good enough to be on the bench or a squad player but...
You can fuk off too

If Grealish is the replacement for Bernardo Silva then I'm an Astronaut.

We will need the correct replacement because Jack isn't fit to lace Bernie's boots.
I want Bellingham to replace him.

Edit- I don’t want him to go, but if he does that’s who I want.

This is becoming so annoying! Bernie needs to come out and say something as this whole situation is showing a lack of respect for the club imo.
He has already said his bit.. he won’t say anymore. That’s why agents get all the shit and the players get adulation. But I wish he would too.. just why would he.

Still don’t think there’s any chance Bernardo leaves this window. Almost certainly gone next summer though, but that’s fine. Obviously don’t want him to go but we have to respect his choices, and it gives us time to plan accordingly.

With Aké, the club seemingly put forward a firm date for any sale. That they haven't with Bernardo infers that they either won't countenance a sale or that they feel a replacement would be easily found

Still don’t think there’s any chance Bernardo leaves this window. Almost certainly gone next summer though, but that’s fine. Obviously don’t want him to go but we have to respect his choices, and it gives us time to plan accordingly.
Not so sure Ric always expect the unexpected,hopefully this is all just PR bollocks from Barcelona’s media team but you just never know ..

Well.. Pep wasn’t so sure yesterday

Hopefully he will stay, it will make everything easier

Board already replaced him last year, when we signed Jack Grealish for 100m...

Why do you think they signed Grealish ? Because Bernardo was ready to go and last minute - Atletico or Barcelona couldn't get the money due to covid situation..

Last year we had the following attackers -> Gabriel Jesus, Ferran Torres, Sterling, Foden, Mahrez and Pep had already told us, how he decided to move Jesus to RW position.. In addition to that we were working on Harry Kane's transfer..

So in the end we could have:

CF -> Kane, Torres
RW -> Mahrez, Jesus
LW -> Foden, Sterling

And somehow we buy Jack Grealish for 100m.. It is obvious that Grealish was bought for midfield position and especially to replace ongoing Bernardo... Grealish started his first game as LCM as well..

But then we couldn't sign Kane, which meant that either Sterling or Foden would be used as CF...
Bernardo stayed and Jack was moved to LW position..

So, if we look at these facts, it's clear that Jack was signed as a Bernardo's direct replacement..

Compare Bernardo / Grealish maps here, it was created before the last season.. They look pretty similar to me... Difference is in flanks..

View attachment 51862
Thanks for posting this. I presume this is from their previous seasons (i.e. cumulative map). Whilst I was not sure that Jack is/was the replacement for Bernardo, their maps appear similar, just opposite flanks as you say. Bernardo does have more blue that is more greatly dispersed. Certainly last season (not part of it) I felt he had a lot more in the defensive half supporting Rodri and playing deeper. Not sure this would or has ever been Jacks position.

The scary thing about those heat maps is the mountain of red and blue that Jesus has. I always knew he was a phenomenal workhorse for us but that’s insane. Likely due to the fact he can play all positions across the front 3. But we have lost huge versatility and work rate with him (and to a lesser extent Sterling) going.

Also note the Mahrez one is the least scattered of all. Extremely concentrated. I’ve made my feelings know about Mahrez before, so I won’t reiterate here, however those maps emphasises one of the points I was making in that he is the least versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.