Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be a few restraining orders knocking about in this thread.

If he goes, he goes. If he stays, he stays.

We move forward.

Let me put this in a more humane way. You're engaged to a bird. You both love each other all well.

Couple of years down the line, she says to you, i found this bloke, bigger lump, money, looks pretty, i think we're ending it, but i'm not sure

You stay in that relationship. Somehow.

She does that to you year after year.

At what point do you get up, and say fuck off?
As long as she's still performing and putting the effort in where it matters sounds fine...

Though I'd probably sell her for less than £80m...

I thought it was a refreshingly honest interview with Bernardo, but only confirms what we already knew. He would like to move for personal reasons, and who can begrudge him that, but the club need to receive an acceptable offer otherwise he is happy to stay. Reading between the lines, I think he realises that he’s going to be here this season which is great for us.

The club’s policy of allowing unhappy players to leave isn’t popular with some, but I think it’s a sensible approach. It keeps the dressing room harmonious, and creates a mutual respect between the players and the club. This is a big factor in why the likes of Kompany, Aguero and David Silva stayed so long, and probably played a part in attracting Haaland this summer.
If you watch the Esteemed Kompany pod/vlog on the Bernado "issue", Nedum gives a brilliant insight into the different mindsets of players and fans...especially foreign players...its a great watch/listen

The constant flirting with Barcelona is getting boring, I have absolutely no idea why you would go to that club currently anyway. Lets be honest they aren't going to win the european cup anytime soon and they are a long way second in a league that is a two horse race whilst playing farmers the rest of the time.

Maybe he feels he has won enough during his career and wants to spend the rest of his best days frolicking in the sun in a dead team. Good luck to him if that's the case but the valuation has to be met and that has to be at least £80m and if were being fair it should be beyond £100m.

If you watch the Esteemed Kompany pod/vlog on the Bernado "issue", Nedum gives a brilliant insight into the different mindsets of players and fans...especially foreign players...its a great watch/listen

Worth a watch that, especially for the flappers. 21 mins approx. the chat about Bernardo begins and listen to 4-5 minutes of it.

Nedum gives you the clarification as to why our strategy on allowing players to leave is a good one. If you imagine yourself playing for Real Madrid right now. You've just won La Liga, the CL and are on decent money. But City are interested in signing you. It wouldn't make sense to any Real Madrid fan but you'd be straight over here. It would be a move you'd always want, but if City didn't bid you'd crack on and put your all into the team you are at.

Worth a watch that, especially for the flappers. 21 mins approx. the chat about Bernardo begins and listen to 4-5 minutes of it.

Nedum gives you the clarification as to why our strategy on allowing players to leave is a good one. If you imagine yourself playing for Real Madrid right now. You've just won La Liga, the CL and are on decent money. But City are interested in signing you. It wouldn't make sense to any Real Madrid fan but you'd be straight over here. It would be a move you'd always want, but if City didn't bid you'd crack on and put your all into the team you are at.
And players have their full career to think of. No player has unbreakable ties to one club...and they have a limited career length and limited opportunities to play for various teams. He's been at City a long time and politely would like to play somewhere else at some point.....this year or next are the best times for him to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.