Bert Trautmann - R.I.P

On holiday and just logged on and saw this

Very sad.

He the reason my dad became a blue from a mainly Irish rag supporting family hence why I am one. My dad loved Bert and Dave Ewing.

RIP

BlueMark said:
Terribly sad news.

A Genuine legend and hero.

I was fortunate to meet him just over 12 mths ago at the City Former Players Dinner and he was a gentleman. I am nearly 40 and I was in awe of him.

I think the club ought to name the new South Stand after him, or a similar dedication.

RIP Bert, thank you for what you did and how you did it.

He certainly deserves that accolade, what a great ambassador for the club he has been!

The word legend is dished out all too frequently these days, but this man was a true football legend.

Very sad news - RIP Bert Trautmann

City fans who have first hand experience of watching Bert can better describe his great achievement and what impact he made, but I’d like to say what he meant to me. He is one of the reasons why I love this club so much. His impact here and the fact that the City support were open enough to accept a German ex-POW helped draw many of us to City. As someone of mixed race I found it easy to become one of you partly because of Bert and the Manchester City crowd. Bert Trautmann was a City legend in every way, one of our greatest players. His brilliance, his sheer bravery, his strength of character shine like a beacon, and always will do. How he managed to play on in so much pain (not knowing he had broken his neck) and potentially putting his own life in danger in that glorious 1956 FA Cup Final is beyond comprehension. I remain totally in awe of City legend and gentleman, Bert Trautmann.

Sincere condolences to all his family and friends. Rest in peace, Sir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.