Bert Trautmann - R.I.P

His whole life story is something that you could only believe in a script , what a film that would be.

This man embodied the Manchester City ethos, spirit and culture. I said to my dad the season before last that we need a statue where the b of the bang used to be. I'm sure our fantastic owners could easily fund this. Its just a shame that the great man wont get to see it.

For me this is almost as sad as the day we lost Joe Mercer. Bert was one of my first City heroes...although I hasten to add I'm too young to have seen him play! How could he not be a City hero with his life story and the broken neck?

RiP Bert. Forever Blue.

Not sure if already posted

For those with cable tv / sky - Yesterday Chanel are showing the Bert Trautmann story tonight.

8.00 p.m.

andypandy said:

For those with cable tv / sky - Yesterday Chanel are showing the Bert Trautmann story tonight.

8.00 p.m.

Thanks for that info mate

Much appreciated.

andypandy said:

8.00 p.m.
Also on freeview channel 19

Zabbasbeard said:
Falastur said:
Wow. Suddenly what was seeming like a very exciting day of transfers and such has now been put into perspective. Even though he retired twenty-odd years before I was even born, I've been choked up all day since I heard the news. Horrible for it to have happened, but if his health really was degenerating as the stories claim it was then perhaps it was best that he was not made to suffer a longer period of health scares. I wish I'd had the chance to see him play but at least I can say that I am very proud and immensely honoured that he played for us and that to his dying day he remained a fervent Blue. The adulation that he received when he appeared at games was no less than he deserved.

To those who are lucky enough to have seen him play - was there ever a terrace chant for Trautmann, back in the 50s or 60s? If there was, it would be more than fitting to give it one final rendition on the first game of the season, I'd have thought.

Couldn't have put it better myself. RIP Bert. Great guy. LEGEND!!!

Godd bless you Bert, my first ever football hero. What a life story, what a great keeper. RIP Bert

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.