Bert Trautmann - R.I.P

An honour to have met him
An honour to have been at his testamonial
An honour to have shook his hand
A real mans man
RIP Bert you will never be forgotten

R I P

I wasn't old enough to see him play but he literally put his body on the line for the Club. Modern day players could learn a lot from a true LEGEND.

Auf Wiedersehen und danke

Good evening, my english footballfriends.

I read this whole thread an i want to thank you all for your deep respekt for this goalkeeper and great man.

I am really very impressed about the love you give to him. That really affects me!!

Now i know why he didn' t want to change to FC. Schalke 04. With such a lot of british sportsmen in your back, there is no way to change the club!

Congratulations... you are as great as he was.

Greeting from the Schwarzwald (black forest) in Germany.

I allowed myself to post this thread on our forum (i' m Fan of Schalke 04):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.schalker-block5.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=3595979#post3595979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.schalker-block5.de/index.php ... ost3595979</a>

My interest was to show, how lovely our english friends are!

RESPECT!!!

Ps. Excuse my bad english, but i' m half swiss and half german.

Together in sorrow... and Bert Trautmann- what you have created will still go on.

The perfect opportunity to name a stand after the great man will surely arise once the South Stand has been extended, then would be the time to do it.

R.I.P Bert, you are a true legend and wil always be remembered by the older generation of blues.
We should rename the East Stand after Bert and have a statue of him and Nelly and Mick Doyle

Bert was the reason that I started supporting this brilliant club. I watched him in the early 1950s and then the two cup finals, which convinced me that City was the club for me and that Bert would always be my hero. I will always consider him the finest goalkeeper the world has ever seen. I had so much enjoyment, and the absolute privilege, of watching him play.

The idea of naming a stand after him is a wonderful idea.

RIP Bert, a very, very sad day for your family, football and Manchester City.

Heard about his death in my local bar tonight.

On behalf of the Hannover, Braunschweig, Bayern, Bremen and Hamburg fans there, including myself of course, RIP Bernd "Bert" Trautmann, Paratrooper, Footballer, LEGEND.

Although he was in the latter years of his career at City Bert was my first City hero when I started going to Maine Road as a little kid. He was a complete gentleman and always signed autographs for young fans no matter how many of them there were waiting for him. It's hard to imagine now but at that time Bert was the only 'famous' player City had and the one that opposition fans always asked if he was playing that day.

RIP Bert - an absolute City legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.