Bert Trautmann - R.I.P

His career was finishing as I started supporting City. I remember his testimonial, with a 65,000 full house, and still have a signed match programme.

As others have said, he was a gentleman and a true legend.

RIP Bert.

I've read the whole thread now. Fantastic tributes from blues and fans of other clubs. I thank you all.
My pal is a rag but last night he wore a City shirt as a tribute to the great man.
He said that we dont have many legends but this guy definately qualifies as one .
I need to go now as I'm really welling up .

Bewar3them00n said:
Just seen this in the LA Times, not surprised to be honest, with the level of stupidity, not to mention ignorance, some Americans show to other countries.

Bert Trautmann dies at 89; ex-Nazi and star England soccer goalie

I've added my comment, Might be a good idea to add a few more.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-bert-trautmann-20130720,0,7103262.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/ ... 3262.story</a>

I tried to register to leave a comment but luckily it kept throwing me out - very lazy and inflammatory journalism.

Rest in peace Bert - a true City and footballing legend.

From my very first visit to main road, in the mid 60s, their has been one players name, which has always been in my mind, BERT TRAUTMANN. My dad first told me his story on that day, a story which i will never forget. God bless you Bert, you will always be remembered.

RIP Bert. Fond childhood memories from early days, Mature respect and a solemn tear go with you. My dad told me all about the 55 and 56 cup finals and took me as a child to my early matches, one of these being your testimonial. You have always been a link to "Family Blue."

If anybody would like to write down their memories of Bert, there's a book of condolence at the National Football Museum, at the Urbis building in the city centre next to Victoria Train station. He was inducted into the NFM Hall of Fame in 2005.

1002318_10151504427651689_880104135_n.jpg

Andy Dale said:
I've read the whole thread now. Fantastic tributes from blues and fans of other clubs. I thank you all.
My pal is a rag but last night he wore a City shirt as a tribute to the great man.
He said that we dont have many legends but this guy definately qualifies as one .
I need to go now as I'm really welling up .
Tell you what, fair play to your mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.