Besieged and sick of it

LoveCity said:
Every website I visit, the comment section of every City story is absolutely bombarded by pure, almost psychotic venom from fans of other Premier League clubs. Anyone who tries to discuss City reasonably is either ignored or jumped on by frothing bitter fans who remind me of a witch hunt party with pitchforks.

I remember Chelsea getting angry reactions when they spent for fun but I don't remember it with this sort of intensity. Things like City's long wait for success, the suffering of the fans, the continuing links to the community (unlike Brandchester United), they are completely disregarded as people (and newspapers) attack us.

It's easy to say "ignore it" but anyone who goes in search of news will find it difficult. From the media hacks who invent or spin stories to attack us to the sheep who believe it all to people commenting casually on Twitter about us "buying football", the only way to avoid the anti-City fury is by doing a self-imposed blackout of all footballing websites and media outlets.

I think even Garry Cook noticed it as in the OS video about the club's charitable work in New York, he makes a slightly overlooked comment to the American headteacher about contacting the British press.

TBF, I'm sick of it. I visit several City forums and many of them are infiltrated regularly by fans of other clubs who spew the same old rubbish. This is one of maybe a couple that manages to avoid it, although we do get an occasional WUM/rag or other here for a rise. As for the media bile, it's disappointing the club itself ignores it when at least a few of the articles I've seen written are could at least be considered as slanderous and legal action could be taken by our club.

We MUST make an impact somehow this year or everything these horrible, snide, bitter people are saying about City will somehow be justified. Right now, I'm not sure if a football club has ever been so besieged. CTID.

Normally dont bother me in fact i enjoy it but pisses me off when we give them the ammunition to post there shit after tonights performance

EDIT: Just realised there's no comment section. The plug still remains, though...

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfcmatches.wordpress.com/comment-summer-2010/excuses-excuses/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfcmatches.wordpress.com/commen ... s-excuses/</a>

:P

I love telling them that, yes, we are buying the Premiership, because we can.

It riles people right up.

law74 said:
Talkshite is a commercial radio station, it relies on listeners calling into their phone lines and advertising revenue to remain on the air, advertising revenue is worked out by the amount of listeners it has. Turn it off and dont give them your dosh (either directly or indirectly).
$ky sports is a commercial TV station, it relies on subscriptions and advertising revenue for its dosh, their advertising revenue is also based on the amount of people the advertising can reach, bin it, dont give them your dosh.
Newspapers rely on sales of their papers and advertising revenue, their advertising revenue depends on the amount of hits to their websites and sales of their papers, dont buy their papers, dont log onto their websites, dont give them your dosh.
The above three print, read or talk a load of bull about our club, the OS gives the proper version of events when they are finalised. use it as your source of knowledge about MCFC and you will be a lot less stressed.

This is exactly the stance i take. Dont watch the shite on SSN, dont read the bile in the papers or online equivalents. Dont give them the opportunity to both generate income for themselves or (most importantly) piss you off. Its not worth it.

billydavey said:

Just like the rags have done for donkeys years.

Balti said:
billydavey said:

Just like the rags have done for donkeys years.

But they did it with "self-generated funds" <--- their excuse anyway.

LoveCity said:
the only way to avoid the anti-City fury is by doing a self-imposed blackout of all footballing websites and media outlets.

This is exactly how I deal with it. The anti City will be even worse once the season starts and it doesn't help when you have that dispicable Green stirring up hatred on the national airways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.