Best and worst away day you’ve been on

Best United semi. Worst hearing that we had lost to Fenerbace in Turkey after Big Mal had said we would "Terrify Europe".

Best day away was Newcastle to win the league in 68, my mates VW Beetle was rocking from side to side coming back down the A1, worst day away was Stoke, all the Stoke inbreds were throwing glass bottles in to the rafters and the glass was raining down on us.
My uncles reliant robin was turned on its roof when we eventually got back to it after the Stoke game.

Half the recollections on these threads are bollocks, but this one win a prize for being he most incorrect, the 9 goal swing, 4 years out, we played at home, wrong team.
thanks for the update mastermind if you read the thread i admitted the gaffe..get a life.

Best - undoubtedly United Semi at Wembley.
worst two both v Wigan. One the obvious choice. The other getting piss wet through on that muddy (and slippy) bank at Springfield Park watching some of the worst football anyone could ever serve up. We looked world class v Porto compared to that day in the early eighties. Can’t remember why we played em, can’t remember the result, but I definitely wasn’t feeling it that day, and I’ve always hated Wigan and anything about the place since.

Best - undoubtedly United Semi at Wembley.
worst two both v Wigan. One the obvious choice. The other getting piss wet through on that muddy (and slippy) bank at Springfield Park watching some of the worst football anyone could ever serve up. We looked world class v Porto compared to that day in the early eighties. Can’t remember why we played em, can’t remember the result, but I definitely wasn’t feeling it that day, and I’ve always hated Wigan and anything about the place since.
cup game what a nightmare travelled up with the leicester branch .\Then when arrived
back there a 10 mile walk back home in the pouring rain.Despite being stopped by the old bill twice in the early hours they wouldnt give me a lift oh but at least we won 1-0

Don't think we played Fulham in 81 remember getting a pasting in London was it selhurst park and Charlton were using their ground I'm open to being corrected we may have got battered at Fulham in 84
You're right. I thought it was about 1981 but I dug out the programme and it was 1983-84. Strangely I can remember games in the 60s more accurately but that must be just an age thing :D

Best day away was Newcastle to win the league in 68, my mates VW Beetle was rocking from side to side coming back down the A1, worst day away was Stoke, all the Stoke inbreds were throwing glass bottles in to the rafters and the glass was raining down on us.
Some of those bottles were full of piss. A lad next to me got hit by a light bulb on the side of his head. The Boothen End was not for the faint-hearted!
Agree about Newcastle in 1968. You never forget your first League win! Tottenham the week before was also special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.