Best and Worst day/experience of being City.

buzzer1

Excluding Rags and Gillingham.

Best; Anytime we beat the Dippers,( red or blue),

Worst; Being in the Stoke end at Stoke, it kicking off and getting booted out without seeing a goal get scored(won 2 5 i rek,) and being relegated even though we won. 97/98 i rek. Dark days man, but fun on the terraces.

the day we lost to luton and david pleat ran on the pitch ..used to walk home with my dad ..i was only 7 and my dad was that angry he was walking so fast home ,i had to run behind him shouting at me to hurry up..i remember thinking im not coming to football no more ive done nothing wrong lol...no other relagations hurt more than than run home to gorton ...im still here though waiting for the best day ..which will be a trophy

de niro said:
best, too many to list.
worst, too many to list.

Fair shout De Niro, But try and pick out one of each, i no its hard as there has been so many, like the Spuds defeat in 92/93 pitch invasion etc, bad day man.

best - blackburn away when we won to get promoted
worst - hmmm that many i cant choose

The Best

7 December 1968. It was my first visit to Maine Road. City beat Burnley 7 - 0. From that day on I was in Love and I knew I was special.

The Worst

Ibrox, Bradford, Heysal and Hillsborough.

No matter how many dark days we have all shared together in the past as City fans we were always left with hope. All hopes dissapeared on those days.

beating Stoke away 5-1 and getting relegated to Div2. Watching Kinky walk off the pitch heartbroken added to the shittest day as a blue.

Quite a few good days surprisingly, Charlton at home 5-1 to go up, Gillingham obviously & Blackburn away. Apart from those memorable days beating Liverpool at Maine Road in the 70's 3-1 when they were a real force, and we weren't half bad either, cracking game. Sat next to big Helen as a kid so it was an awesome day.

worst-that own goal in 77 that cost us the league against liverpool.

best- same season 77,Dave Watsons goal against Ipswich that kept our winning the league alive.Its one of those goals that gets better in my mind every year.I;ve now got to the point where he was giving autographs in platt lane just before he did his 10 second sprint the length of the pitch during a corner and meeting the ball with such speed the ball looked like a banana throughout its flight LOL.And no one can tell me different, \o/

Worst; Is easy Boro away we lost 2-0 Lake was carried off after 5mins(his final game)and Quinny was sent off after 9, I remember coming back from the game and felt like crap. They had been in Div 2 the year before and knocked us out of both the FA and League Cups so it was also our 3rd loss to them in 9 months.

Best; 2-1 at Villa towards the end of HKs first season with the club, I think Read and Ward scored the goals they were top, us in the bottom 3 and we hadn't won away from home in the top flight for over 40 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.