Best and Worst day/experience of being City.

Best - there are a lot but I'll go for the most recent which is the home leg against Hamburg. The noise that we made that night to get behind the lads and the shift that they put in in return made me so proud to be a blue even though in the end it just wasn't enough.

Worst - again there are a lot of bad memories to go with the good ones but I'll go with gettng beat 2-1 to Oldham back in Division 2. As an 8ish year lad I was thinking what on earth have I done to deserve this! Now when we lose to someone shit I am used to it.

Worst: Dublin, May 30 1999- on a family weekend (couldnt get out of it). Watching the final in a pub & had to leave to catch a flight home. Saw the game up to about 85 mins and jumped in a cab, totally and utterly gutted. That cab journey with a few rag family members was the lowest point, til we got to the airport and I saw that miracles do happen :)

Best: Could quite easily be getting out of that cab....but otherwise, walking up the Kippax steps that split second before being at the top, before the green glow of the pitch and the noise hit you.

Best - Opening match of the season in Division 2 against Blackpool. I was only about 8 and I was just starting to really get into football. We won 3-0 and I got to go on the pitch at half time and take part in a penalty shoot-out against Moonchester! You just can't beat memories like that!

Worst - One of the worst moments had to be losing to Hamburg in the UEFA Cup, even though we played so well in the second leg. I came away from the game feeling sick because of how close we were to scoring and going through, and I honestly thought we would probably win the competition if we got through

i8therags said:
worst-that own goal in 77 that cost us the league against liverpool.

best- same season 77,Dave Watsons goal against Ipswich that kept our winning the league alive.Its one of those goals that gets better in my mind every year.I;ve now got to the point where he was giving autographs in platt lane just before he did his 10 second sprint the length of the pitch during a corner and meeting the ball with such speed the ball looked like a banana throughout its flight LOL.And no one can tell me different, \o/

LOVE THIS! Big own goal headed past Big Joe, we had the dippers on the ropes that season and I really thought we would win the league that year (we also lost 3-1 to the rags home and away), and Watsons header was just as you describe, I was only 10 at the time and it is still so vivid a memory (only run close by Mick Macarthys header against the rags in the eighties - jimmy greaves quote from the commentary when it went in "roll on christmas lets av some nuts mate" whatever that means!)

I didnt go to this game but i remember listening on the radio to us play, was it Lincoln or York? away on a weeknight in like January 1999 and we lost, i remember the commentator saying something like; "theres up to 1000 City fans over there getting very wet and very cold, knowing they have to drive home past midnight and go back to work in the morning, their team is 14th in the 3rd division of English football and their rivals are top of the lot in the Premiership"!

BOOSTER!

Must say that one of my favourite experiences of being a City fan was when we beat Sheff Weds 6-2 at Hillsbrough! For some reason i fuckin loved that game! it was a nice sunny day and it was the very best atmosphere ive ever encountered from City fans - fucking class!

being in the players lounge after the Luton, Pleat wanker dancing relegation nightmare and also being banged up til 4am for doin nowt with 50 other Blues after another post match Elland Rd bus journey debacle.

Best, no question, running on to the pitch after gettin promoted at Maine Rd 5-1 vs Charlton, the f*cking joy of it!!

Noted i instinctively put my worst down 1st - maybe this is what Cookey is talking about?!

hello i am a city.

worst- hearing about MVF's death :(
best - when we got bought by ADUG etc

mb1977 said:
Worst: Dublin, May 30 1999- on a family weekend (couldnt get out of it). Watching the final in a pub & had to leave to catch a flight home. Saw the game up to about 85 mins and jumped in a cab, totally and utterly gutted. That cab journey with a few rag family members was the lowest point, til we got to the airport and I saw that miracles do happen :)

Best: Could quite easily be getting out of that cab....but otherwise, walking up the Kippax steps that split second before being at the top, before the green glow of the pitch and the noise hit you.

The memory of it brought a tear to me eye there mb. Poetry mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.