Best and Worst day/experience of being City.

yozzer said:
the day we lost to luton and david pleat ran on the pitch ..used to walk home with my dad ..i was only 7 and my dad was that angry he was walking so fast home ,i had to run behind him shouting at me to hurry up..i remember thinking im not coming to football no more ive done nothing wrong lol...no other relagations hurt more than than run home to gorton ...im still here though waiting for the best day ..which will be a trophy

I also got dragged home through the Maine Road alleyways that day by furious Dad, who told me to f*** off when I asked if I could have a hot dog

Best: Spurs 4-3 in the cup, Roy of the Rovers stuff, the most surreal football match I'd ever been too, I was so fucking happy after that match. spurs fans weren't too pleased on the train back to Liverpool street though!

Worst: Barnsley away, beaten two one in the old third division about ten years ago. The local plod waded into City fans at half time, some blues kicked off at each other in the stand when one of them wouldn't stop mouthing off about Edghill, I'd to stand all the way back to Manchester on the poxy train and two of my mates were at each others throats at one stage. A shit performance and a shit day. It's the only match where I've had a shit time watching City away to be honest.
There's no point picking out crap performances on the pitch alone, we'd be here all day.

Best for me was Ian Brightwells equaliser in the away derby 1989 season. Me & the mrs sat in K stand at the swamp. Right behind the goal and with all the blues in the standing area in front of us. You could tell it was in the moment it left his boot, I was halfway out of my seat before i remembered where i was. Anyway some blues in front clocked us and turned round & gave us a thumbs up

Worst is more difficult, they kind of get pushed to the back of your mind dont they ?, thats why we keep going back LOL.

Probably that game against liverpool at Maine Road, I cant remember what season but I think we had to win to stay up, we were 2-0 down after about 10 minutes - see what I mean - cant remember the bad ones.

blue_paul said:
Best: Spurs 4-3 in the cup, Roy of the Rovers stuff, the most surreal football match I'd ever been too, I was so fucking happy after that match. spurs fans weren't too pleased on the train back to Liverpool street though!

Worst: Barnsley away, beaten two one in the old third division about ten years ago. The local plod waded into City fans at half time, some blues kicked off at each other in the stand when one of them wouldn't stop mouthing off about Edghill, I'd to stand all the way back to Manchester on the poxy train and two of my mates were at each others throats at one stage. A shit performance and a shit day. It's the only match where I've had a shit time watching City away to be honest. There's no point picking out crap performances on the pitch alone, we'd be here all day.

That game was in the Championship mate. I was in the Barnsley end but I know plod went in full scale at halftime even to the extreme of Police Horses on the concourse.

best- watching us do the derby double
worst- watching us lose 3-0 to arsenal while having some fat, dr*nk c*nt barge into fans around him and crawl on all fours along the seat row.

Best - Wednesday 12th November 1975. My 15th bitrhday. League Cup 4th Round. Manchester City 4 - 0 Salford Rag Sox.

Worst - Wednesday 12th November 1975. My 15th birthday. League Cup 4th Round. The King getting crippled by that fucking rag bastard Buchan.

Best; Beating the Rags 3-1 in the last ever Maine Road derby after years in the wilderness was awesome.

Worst; Losing 1-0 to Halifax in the F.A Cup in 1980 still hurts to this day.

Plus anyone of the Q/F defeats we've had over the last 20 years or so, still grinds away at me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.