Best and Worst day/experience of being City.

Matt Diablo said:
being in the players lounge after the Luton, Pleat wanker dancing relegation nightmare and also being banged up til 4am for doin nowt with 50 other Blues after another post match Elland Rd bus journey debacle.

Best, no question, running on to the pitch after gettin promoted at Maine Rd 5-1 vs Charlton, the f*cking joy of it!!

Noted i instinctively put my worst down 1st - maybe this is what Cookey is talking about?!
I was on that bus back from elland rd if it was 87 season,they bricked the bus and the seats were donated to them via the top deck windows,luton obviously,getting beat by port vale at home on boxing day(my favourite football day of the year) and in more recent times i have not been as pissed off as when west ham knocked us out of the carling cup qtr final and know a couple of blues who haven,t been since that night.On a brighter note boxing day 77,colin bells comeback and my 1st game,coming from 2 down to beat blackburn 3 2 at maine rd(early 90s) and i know we did it at ewood as well,swindon away,won 4 3 87 season and beating oxford away 4 2 late 80s

Best beating the rags 5-1 at home never in my life had a heard such a noise as Andy Hinchcliffes header flew in the Kippax was just incredible.

Worst Liverpool at home '96 the buzz had gone round we where safe then the announcer read the scores the penny dropped we where down.

Meeting my late mothers boss, Mike Summerbee

Watching City lose at Swansea about 78/79 and trying to get out at half time as we were that bad only for the old bill to keep me in.

Best - Blackburn away (promotion year)
Worst - The season when County did the double over us, especially that midweek away game at edgeley park.

Worst: Brighton away last season in the Carling cup 4th round.

Best: Semi final vs Ipswich 1981.

(Notts Forest in the 3rd round last year was a contender for worst)

Worse - Luton. I fucking hate Pleat.

Best - 5-1, 10-1, Blackburn, Charlton, Bradford.

Best day - it's a tough one! I think standing in TOTAL silence at the Swamp during morn-fest. I was so proud of all the Blues that day - it beat all the other best days I'd had previously had (10-1, 5-1, Play off final etc...) we proved what amazing fans and people we are that day. The result also helped a little, but I had a few tears as I hugged randoms after the silence - we had one that day - we are the true SOUL of Manchester - even though I had 4 hour journey back to Reading that evening with all the Trafford Rovers day trippers.

Worst - HELLO!!! how long have we all got...2 spring to mind - York City away after we lost and reached our lowest EVER league position - I dod the classic "That is it, they have broken me, I can't watch this and waste my life being unhappy each weekend" yet I went back the following week... The other was watching us lose at Mansfield in the Autowindscreen Cup - the same night Trafford Rovers won in the Chumps League....it summed it all up that night...

Low point was also the 5-2 win vs Stoke and getting relegated. This was before I could watch the games anywhere reliably. I had a dream the night before the game that we won 5-2 and stayed up! Being 6 hours behind in Texas, I woke up and found that we'd won by the score I dreamt about but we still went down and I was crushed.

High point (and almost the low point!) was Wembley '99. Flew over to England without a ticket, stayed with some fantastic fans, Paul Stevenson and his family, and a nice guy named Andy walked around Wembley with me and helped me find a ticket in the City end. I stayed for the whole match and I have never experienced such a range of emotions in one match. What a great day and a great trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.