Best and Worst day/experience of being City.

For me, Hamburg at home is the best experience even though we got knocked out, winning against Schalke, that famous last hour of the transfer window. Svens appointment.

Worst, 8-1 at Boro, Fowlers penalty miss, Fulham last home game of the season where they came back to win 3-2 and stay up.

Not been a long time supporter like you lot so this is mine.

blue---moon said:
Very off topic, but i havent been here long enough to start new topics. is there a way i can change my username???????????? already looked in user control panel but cant find anythin.

I'm a newbie mate, sorry. "I thought you just go onto start new topic".

two games that stand out for me were a 4-2 win away at Bradford (night game in the 80s) and the 2-1 away win at Villa someone mentioned earlier (the day Strangeways went up)
both wins against all the odds, with quality away support

and then Blackburn 4-1 promotion (and the Charlton 5-1 promotion)

the Luton relagation is my earliest memory of misery

What about this for a best AND worst.
We got hammered by Arsenal a few years ago at Maine Road, I think it was 0-4 after 20 minutes. The fans were at their funniest that night.
"0-0 in the second half".
"Can we play you every week".
Henry came on to a chorus of "Who the fuckin hell are you"!!

simonk said:
two games that stand out for me were a 4-2 win away at Bradford (night game in the 80s) and the 2-1 away win at Villa someone mentioned earlier (the day Strangeways went up)
both wins against all the odds, with quality away support

and then Blackburn 4-1 promotion (and the Charlton 5-1 promotion)

the Luton relagation is my earliest memory of misery

Yeah, Bradford away. Paul Stewart hatrick wasn't it? And they had not been beat at home all season. And we had been shit away. Then the Spurs 4-3. My mate had to stop me from leaving at HT. Had spent the last of my £'s on the trip and was well pissed off. I owe him for making me stay. Then the Charlton 5-1 with my Dad, stood up at the top of the Maine Stand cos all the seats seemed to have been double booked???. Biggest disappointment? Getting beat by Coventry at Highfield Road (?) in the FA Cup the season we got promoted in the Charlton season. Though I still remember it being fucking freezing and David Philips knocking out one of there players with one of his thunderbolts that twatted him right in the face! Happy days. Oh, and I'm sure Stuart Pearce played for Coventry that day as I remember the programme saying he was still a qualified electrician. And I was only about twelve!!! Funny what you remember!!

surprising that theres been no mention to either the 5-1 derby or 10-1 Huddersfield

mb1977 said:
surprising that theres been no mention to either the 5-1 derby or 10-1 Huddersfield

Soz mate, thats my fault i put in the first post to exclude the RAGS/Gills experiences, its just that there are so many RAG days. Crack on bro.

Best--LEAGUE CHAMPIONS,FA CUP,LEAGUE CUP,CUP WINNERS CUP,CHARITY SHIELD.in three seasons.Denis Law's back heel.
Worst--Watching us away at Macclesfield Town and thinking " How the hell have we ended up playing here?"----

Worst - that European Cup match against fenerbache in 1968. It was 0-0 and I was standing in the scoreboard end. The reason it was so disappointing was that Malcolm Alison said we would terrify Europe. I was a little boy and was so excited about city playing in europe. I had not experienced that. I epected so much, and it was just a big big let-down. I was totally disheartened. And I seem to remember it rained. There was no roof.

Best - 3-1 vs utd, last maine road derby. I had a massive hangover and decided to video my journey i.e. the drive from liverpool, parking on wilbraham road, walking to the ground, down no.2 alley, along maine road, and then the game. What can I say! Anelka/Nevlle/The Goat - what a day...and Ive got the memories on tape. Sad that I'll never make that same journey again.

Worst- was Boro a few seasons ago when they beat us 1-0 without having a shot on goal or a corner - the fact that I hate them with a passion made it even worse .
Best- was spurs when the kippax was being built, we beat them 5-2 even John Motson went mad about it - the fact that I hate them with a passion made it even better .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.