Best band you've seen live?

Impossible one this. It would have to be that perfect combination of when you saw a band at or near their performing peak, alongside being at the time in your life when it just meant so, so much to you.

Off the top of my head, Springsteen Roundhay Park 85, Maiden at Apollo 86, Mondays loads of times 89/90, The The 90/1, and Prince, not sure of the year, but in the round at the NEC on Alphabet St /Lovesexy tour.

Can you remember if it was ‘Duke’ or ‘ABACAB’ tour?
Think it was December 1981and Abacab.

Had to cycle from Bramhall to Stockport bus station for the coach. It was freezing.

Also saw them at NEC for the Mama tour- fabulous too.

And went to their last ever concert at O2 ( and one a few days before). Made me pine for my youth it did.

World of Twist at the Sheffield Leadmill around Xmas 1990. Not so much for WoT (who were great), but for the local support band, the little known Pulp. Jarvis was on form with lots of sardonic interaction with the audience, including responding to our drunken calls for him to 'get his shirt off', a velvety sequinned number, with 'i can't do that, the ladies at the front will pass out'. There were none. Also great because we thought it was going to be cancelled due to the thick snow that had fallen that day, made getting to the venue a challenge in itself.

I too saw Sinatra at the Albert Hall, on the Friday night. My ticket was a fiver! I was offered £50 for it outside but turned it down.
There was no way I was missing that show!
Sinatra for a fiver ? How long ago was that ? My mum went to see him in London in 1980 and pretty sure the tickets were £50 then.

Spingsteen NEC '81 - The River tour
Townsend was on for encore(s) which was a bit weird as The Who famously never did encores

Also saw the Who '75 Hammersmith Odeon - original lineup
Faces at Belle Vue '74
TRex Tiffanys Great Yarmouth '75

Their shows in 84 for Mama album at the NEC were bloody incredible (and are on dvd somewhere), though I’d love to have seen those 3 Sides Live dates they did in 82 when they brought back the full Supper’s Ready!
Yes, I was lucky enough to attend the ‘3 sides’ tour at NEC, it was fantastic; and Phil did Suppers ready brilliantly. (Whisper it, but I preferred Phil’s vocals to Pete’s)

Think it was December 1981and Abacab.

Had to cycle from Bramhall to Stockport bus station for the coach. It was freezing.

Also saw them at NEC for the Mama tour- fabulous too.

And went to their last ever concert at O2 ( and one a few days before). Made me pine for my youth it did.
Also saw them at Nynex Arena with Ray Wilson up front… not bad to be fair, quite enjoyed it. Saw them at the Swamp in 2007 too. They were absolutely fantastic live. I still say ‘Seconds Out’ is the best Live album ever. (Of course I’ve not heard every live album ever ;-))

Yes, I was lucky enough to attend the ‘3 sides’ tour at NEC, it was fantastic; and Phil did Suppers ready brilliantly. (Whisper it, but I preferred Phil’s vocals to Pete’s)
Tbh, yes I love him on the live Seconds Out album (aka I think I agree!!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.