Best band you've seen live?

The Cramps in Manchester in the late 70’s. Can’t remember where it was - a club up near Manchester University.

Also Kate Bush round about the same time. Think the venue for that was the Manchester Apollo.

Charlatans at the Academy I’d say approx 92.

First gig I ever went to.

Me and my mate both 15 bounced in our adidas jackets and gazelles and were both absolutely mesmerised.

Completely blew me away and I’ve never looked back since.

Impossible to pick one but seen the Stones,Floyd,Springsteen,REM,Metalica,Guns & Roses,ZZ Top,Status Quo,Prince,Oasis,Black Grape,Manic Street Preachers, Beautiful South,Jean-Michel Jarre,Japan and even the Grumbleweeds! But the best all day concert was August 1979 at Wembley Stadium, The Who supported by AC/DC, The Stranglers and Nils Lofgren, Lost my hearing for about a week!

Although I've seen some very good performances at places like the NEC, Manchester Arena or stadiums, unless you're there early enough to get to the front, it's a bit like watching a loud DVD. Metallica have done the arena in the round, which helps, but still a bit impersonal.

And whilst somewhere like the International is great, it's nice to get a bit of a stage set for your money, so personal favourites have probably been the ones at the Apollo. And if I had to narrow those down, it would probably be Metallica and AC/DC who's cannons are what I blame for my tinnitus. Honourable mention to Alice Cooper for brilliant theatre.

The Cramps in Manchester in the late 70’s. Can’t remember where it was - a club up near Manchester University.

Also Kate Bush round about the same time. Think the venue for that was the Manchester Apollo.
Probably this one. To this day, one of the best live performances I've ever witnessed. Those who walked out missed a treat.
And just take a look at that ticket price!
Screenshot_2024-04-02-21-57-59-10_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.