Best board game

smeeagain said:
i play scrabble on facebook, its really good, play people from all over the world
keep stats etc,chat

aww have no friends? ;)
Don't get the point of all facebook games, just playing random people on your laptop.
I like a game of monopoly but it can soon become a tad boring once it reaches 2/3 hours of play. Also like cluedo as well

LeeOnePen said:
bluemoon risin' said:
After several years of not playing scrabble, i'm really into it at the moment.
Just thrashed the missus, and despite her getting a word worth 68, i still managed to beat her. Shes just gone to bed sulking after being beat yet again! The current score is 8-1 to me. Scrabble really gets the brain in gear, especially when you utilise the tripple letters and double and tripple word squares.

What's your fave board game?

If you're spelling tripple like that it's not a surprise to see you winning.

Posting you play scrabble is just asking to have your spelling checked.

Scrabble fan here too.

Special mention for RISK (although not played it for years)

I was brought up with all the classic "Waddingtons" games. So Monopoly, Totopoly, Cludeo, Mine a Million (immense game) Careers etc.

I used to play subetuteo and they brought a board game out called subetuteo Angling. Worth a few quid now I believe!

Best game ever though was a game called Escape From Colditz. Awesome plus drink was always involved!!

parcheesi( probably wrong speling), chinese checkers, I also have a 3d version of connect 4, called cubic..great game. cribbage for cards. we have long cold winters up here in Idaho

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I was brought up with all the classic "Waddingtons" games. So Monopoly, Totopoly, Cludeo, Mine a Million (immense game) Careers etc.

I used to play subetuteo and they brought a board game out called subetuteo Angling. Worth a few quid now I believe!

Best game ever though was a game called Escape From Colditz. Awesome plus drink was always involved!!

What is Totopoly. Loves games where you have to use your brain and aren't just luck.

Backgammon, scrabble, chess.

The settlers of Catan is absolutely amazing! Probably the best strategy board game ive played.

Love a good game of Risk too but im also partial to a nice round of Scrabble.

Yes I realise im a geek!

Another vote for settlers of catan. Just be careful, it can get dirty. Also, there is a game out called Pandemic. You work with 3 other people to stop the spread of diseases. 1 person is a doctor, one is military, one is research, and so on. You all have to work together. It has received great reviews. Here is a great site for discussion of games.

http://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames

Frustration. classic game! Also guess who was quality even thou it's not a board game I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.