Best board game

MERLIN21 said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I was brought up with all the classic "Waddingtons" games. So Monopoly, Totopoly, Cludeo, Mine a Million (immense game) Careers etc.

I used to play subetuteo and they brought a board game out called subetuteo Angling. Worth a few quid now I believe!

Best game ever though was a game called Escape From Colditz. Awesome plus drink was always involved!!

What is Totopoly.

It was a horse racing game. First you had to buy and train your horse and then race it / bet on it etc
Me and my mates (aged around 10) never understood it properly (the buying / training / betting side) so just played the horse race without the gambling etc
Totopoly_1965_bd_track.jpg

I'm surprised how many have said Risk and for all of you here's a quick version

<a class="postlink" href="http://jsimlo.sk/flash/dice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://jsimlo.sk/flash/dice/</a>

Mine a Million's a classic, so is Escape from Colditz, but even now I don't understand the tunnel cards

Scrabble... That's a good idea. I can play the foreign nurses at that and thrash them! Some like to learn as much English as they can. It's a great game. I'll look to see whether we've got it.

Definitely got a backgammon board, so will give that a go as well.

Other games I like are chess (but have to be in the mood and have the time for it), draughts and Mastermind.

For me it's gotta be the Battlestar Galactica Board Game, I've just got the Pegasus expansion pack enabling you to through players out of the air lock....

....I know what you're all thinking....

nerd.jpg

Also played a game called 'Pandemic' the other week where you have to stop outbreaks of disease, was cool, comes with little peetree (sp?) dishes and that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.