Best butty

BBq'd rib eye steak, rested for five minutes, thinly sliced across the grain, served with watercress and chimichurri on toasted sourdough bread washed down with a good malbec. The meat juices from the steak are drizzled over the sourdough.

1.chip
2.bacon
3.banana
4.crisp

in that order

other sandwiches I normaly call sandwiches when mentioned, also a butty is either in a muffin/barm or slices of white bread pre-sliced or doorstopper cut.

Sarnie wise a good old fashion corned beef sarnie is lovely or a steak baguette in my vocabulary ;-)

Last edited:
I tend to go with the Chips answer.

However, sliced beef - proper lean sliced beef, not full of fat and gristle as served in some pubs - sprinkled with salt and topped with sliced pickled onions - proper pickled onions, not shit - or sliced onion that has been soaked in vinegar for a minimum of 24 hours. Now that is what you call tasty.

Last edited:
Just made and enjoying a corned beef butty with thick slices of fresh onion. Nearly went extra mature cheddar with onion but am also a fan of a crisp butty. Any of them on 2 slices of white Warbies toaster.

Anybody else have a different best butty?

That’s a good butty, gets my vote

Yeah, I worked and lived in Eastburn (Between Keighley & Skipton) for a few years, only place I ever heard it.
I understand its a colloquial word used predominantly around South Yarkshire and relates to the sound of the lid on the tin or as of now Tupperware box, when removed to reveal its culinary delights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.