Best chippy

Last time I was over I went up to Failsworth just to go there and it was no longer a chippy. He had retired apparently and turned it back into a house and lived there.
Too bad because it was a good chippy. I also looked for the one across from Brookdale park but couldn't find it. My mate said that he didn't remember one ever being there.
Cheers, I thought I was going mad.
Dunkley ave. cake shop had the best pasties. ; )
When you come over for a game mate I'll take you to a good chippy ; )

Jack Spratts on Hollins Rd,Oldham,best fish I've ever had,proper nice golden batter.

I'm not from those parts but used to call a few times when I worked out on the road,going back a few years though,might be crap now,but was good at the time.

England is famous for fish and chips the world over. England's first chippy was reputed to be in Mossley in 1864, although London try to claim this as theirs. It must be mossley as most of the cockerknee cunts don't even like gravy in their chips, and northerners like gravy; )

The shop in top Mossley is still there, now Mans Wok Chinese which is decent.

But nowadays chippys in the north west and particularly greater Manchester good traditional English chippys are sparse compared to say 25 years ago.

Yokshir is bah far tha best place for chippys tha nos. They do the best in the country from my experience. Best one ever used to be in Scarborough but it has closed down. Still some cracking chippys. I know a few in Leeds Bradford and Huddersfield.
Good traditional chippys insist on using beef dripping for frying in. Not good for the arteries but it makes the best fish n' chips.They also insist on using proper malt vinegar, not the non brewed condiment that's probably made from witch piss.
Thompsons chippy om the A64 in Sand Hutton outside York is absolutely knockout. Fish like yer arm chips and mushy peas, b+b and a pot of tea for about six quid. Fresh as you like. Take your appetite.

The best I ever had was when I was a kid in Woodhouse Park .....Colin's chippy near to the Cornishman pub ....I am sure if there is anyone on here who grew up near there will agree ...... on my last visit to UK I went in Whittakers in Cheadle Hulme which was good too

been there a few times but went more to the one by the Mountain Ash on Portway,,first visit i was 3 years old and couldnt see over the frying range, i said bag of chips please and all i got back was 'does your mum know your out'

Last time I was over I went up to Failsworth just to go there and it was no longer a chippy. He had retired apparently and turned it back into a house and lived there.
Too bad because it was a good chippy. I also looked for the one across from Brookdale park but couldn't find it. My mate said that he didn't remember one ever being there.
Cheers, I thought I was going mad.
Dunkley ave. cake shop had the best pasties. ; )

Yeah, Hotchins was deffo opposite the park entrance. Near Johnson's sweet shop, but demolished about 1975 ish ..... Didn't know the 'new' one had gone. Dunkerly Ave bakers is Harrop's .. that still going strong. Foz's is the best chippy round there now ... Top end of Propps Hall Drive, worth trying when you next go back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.