Best chippy

Best chippy ever was Nick's on Parkfield St.

I used to see Dave Bennett and Roger Palmer in there a couple of times a month. Tony Wilson and MC Tunes too.

Having lived in East Yorkshire for 15 years, I can honestly say it's league's above anything i've tried over here.

That said, the chippy opposite the parkside back in the day was bloody brilliant.

Yes mate .... Hotchins. His dad had a shop on Droylsden Rd, opposite the main entrance to Brookdale Park first, then it moved to Newton Rd. Still there I think too. Will look next time down there. (Side note, his Mr's left him a few years back for an old mate of mine.) Can't recall Yips?

There was also a now long gone excellent chippy on Averill St, near where the school was. And further up one on Ashworth St, but she was so tight with the chips we only went when others were shut. That's still going too, but has been a Chinese for many moons.

Last time I was over I went up to Failsworth just to go there and it was no longer a chippy. He had retired apparently and turned it back into a house and lived there.
Too bad because it was a good chippy. I also looked for the one across from Brookdale park but couldn't find it. My mate said that he didn't remember one ever being there.
Cheers, I thought I was going mad.
Dunkley ave. cake shop had the best pasties. ; )

England is famous for fish and chips the world over. England's first chippy was reputed to be in Mossley in 1864, although London try to claim this as theirs. It must be mossley as most of the cockerknee cunts don't even like gravy in their chips, and northerners like gravy; )

The shop in top Mossley is still there, now Mans Wok Chinese which is decent.

But nowadays chippys in the north west and particularly greater Manchester good traditional English chippys are sparse compared to say 25 years ago.

Yokshir is bah far tha best place for chippys tha nos. They do the best in the country from my experience. Best one ever used to be in Scarborough but it has closed down. Still some cracking chippys. I know a few in Leeds Bradford and Huddersfield.
Good traditional chippys insist on using beef dripping for frying in. Not good for the arteries but it makes the best fish n' chips.They also insist on using proper malt vinegar, not the non brewed condiment that's probably made from witch piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.