Best City team performance ever

I though of performances where we dominated the game from the very off........

Look no further than 4th April 2010 and Burnley away.

Game over after 15 mins of total dominnance.

great team perfomance that day.

Difficult to pick a best ever. This one was certainly memorable.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaKo9teUo1E[/youtube]

I agree with adrianr the most comprehensive team display ive seen was the 2-0 at Newcastle last year we were absolutely outstanding that day making them look a very very ordinary side when in reality they were still playing for a champions league place, a performance of champions you may say.

Caveman said:
I don't actually think we played that well against United last season in the 1-6. In the first half it was pretty even then when they went down to ten men we actually played quite poorly for ten minutes and they were the better team. Then we scored the second and it settled us down. We scored three goals in quick succession in injury time to make the scoring so wide a margin but the actual performance was quite run-of-the-mill; our finishing was excellent.

1-5 at Tottenham last season was the best i've ever seen City play.

Rag.

Don't underestimate Newcastle away last season.

The whole world waiting for the lads to fail... it was a magnificent performance given waht was at stake at the platform it created.

Up with the best of them

6-1
5-1

and my own little favourite, the 2-3 v the rags in the fa cup last year. We lost, but we bossed them with 10 men and that gave us the belief we could win the league. Pivotal moment.

I could name plenty but for sheer quality,moment of the ball,Chelsea away last season where we lost our 100% record.
That first 25/30 minutes was something that you can only look at in awe and I had to pinch myself,that this was my team and not Real or Barca,such was the standard of football.
That penatly (or non penalty award on Silva) would have changed the game completely.At 0-2 that wouild have probably killed Chelsea off good style.Yes that was their Cup Final.

When you really start to think about it there are hundreds of them, but I'm going to throw in a couple of curved ones because everybody's naming recent wins, and IMO the best performances are the ones when a win was both needed and slightly unexpected, so I'll go for ....

1) CITY =v= Newcastle (1993-94) 2-1

we played so well even David Brightwell scored!

2) CITY =v= Burnley (2001-02) 5-1

brilliant Ali inspired performance, four nil up by half time against championship rivals - dreamland!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.