Best City team performance ever

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pL_eO5rlpo[/youtube]
69/70] Manchester City v Schalke 04, ECWC SF2, Apr 15th 1970,the closest i have seen to that night was the first 30mins v Chelsea away.
Staggering performance that night against Schalke,the pace we played at & the skill we showed blew a really good Schalke team away.

I wouldn't say it was the best ever but it was one of the best attacking displays I have seen from us was against Burnley away a few years back I think we were 4-0 up after 15 mins and if it wasn't for a waterlogged pitch we seriously could have scored 10. Everytime we went forward we looked like scoring.

BillyShears said:
Difficult to pick a best ever. This one was certainly memorable.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaKo9teUo1E[/youtube]

Triffic manager manager Pompey had in those days.

Although I agree with all those mentioned, I thought the all-round performance on Saturday was very good, especially given the manner in which we went behind.

Don't forget, Spuds only had one other meaningful shot on target all match.

Vienna_70 said:
BillyShears said:
Difficult to pick a best ever. This one was certainly memorable.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaKo9teUo1E[/youtube]

Triffic manager manager Pompey had in those days.

Although I agree with all those mentioned, I thought the all-round performance on Saturday was very good, especially given the manner in which we went behind.

Don't forget, Spuds only had one other meaningful shot on target all match.

That Pompy game is one of only a handful of games where we've kicked towards the SS in the second half. I know we are 'the business' at home but I do wonder why we chose to go the other way all the time.

Spurs away closely followed by Geordies, Rags and Canaries away.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:16 pm --<br /><br />
city91 said:
I wouldn't say it was the best ever but it was one of the best attacking displays I have seen from us was against Burnley away a few years back I think we were 4-0 up after 15 mins and if it wasn't for a waterlogged pitch we seriously could have scored 10. Everytime we went forward we looked like scoring.

Yeh forgot about that one. We blitzed them, in fact not many teams could live with us in that form. Also Chelsea away couple of seasons ago with Bellers scoring a couple was bloody special as well.

oakiecokie said:
I could name plenty but for sheer quality,moment of the ball,Chelsea away last season where we lost our 100% record.
That first 25/30 minutes was something that you can only look at in awe and I had to pinch myself,that this was my team and not Real or Barca,such was the standard of football.
That penatly (or non penalty award on Silva) would have changed the game completely.At 0-2 that wouild have probably killed Chelsea off good style.Yes that was their Cup Final.

I've watched City since 1967 and the best 30 minutes of football we've ever played was the first 30 minutes away at Chelski last season.

the originalkippaxman said:
City 10 - Huddersfield 1

You can throw that one in the mix.
Amazed it took three pages for someone to mention this.
Spurs away was the best all round display I have witnessed, along with the other 5-1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.