Best concert you've ever attended...

mcmanus said:
Oasis at my beloved Maine Road with a City hat on two days before I hit 18.
We won at Villa Park the same day to mean we lived to fight another day in our ultimately doomed relegation battle. The same touts were grafting on both concourses - one shift in the afternoon, the other in the evening: no rest for the wicked!

I remember Liam eulogising about Patsy Kensit between songs which shows how long ago it was.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
mcmanus said:
We won at Villa Park the same day to mean we lived to fight another day in our ultimately doomed relegation battle. The same touts were grafting on both concourses - one shift in the afternoon, the other in the evening: no rest for the wicked!

I remember Liam eulogising about Patsy Kensit between songs which shows how long ago it was.

I swapped by Saturday oasis tickets for Sunday ones. Went to villa park, came back, went a random house party, had one of my first sexual encounters (was 16 at the time), saw oasis on the Sunday. All in all a top weekend.

In terms of best gig, Elbow and the Halle and the bridgewater hall was pretty special, we were right at the front.

Charlatans in about '97 were ace too

gordondaviesmoustache said:
mcmanus said:

I went to both.

If my memory serves me right we were all buzzing we'd beat Villa only to find out when leaving Villa Park that Coventry and Southampton had also won away.

Back on topic the Mondays the first they reformed.

squirtyflower said:
The Who at the Elizabethan Hall (Belle Vue) circa 1974, unbelievable Jeff
Was at that one too (it was 1975) and it was pretty good. But it was shaded by The Stones at Bingley Hall in Stafford and Little Feat at The Palace Theatre (both in 1976). The Stones were just about at their best as a live band then and Little Feat were simply dazzling.

Bowie in 87 at Maine rd, still has a huge influence over me even though I was 7

Prince, fleetwood mac, queen, all great shows

My most enjoyable was probably oasis at the Mecca though, carnage that day!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.