Best concert you've ever attended...

I'm hoping depeche mode this friday in manchester but up to now it was the doves about 4 years ago at gmex with super furry animals supporting,great night,jimi and the boys was in fine form,the beer was flowing and just a top top night.

James at (I think - appalling memory afflicts me nowadays) Wickerman festival - I've never been a lover of huge concerts and crowds, so managed not to see them live until then - they were amazing, had tears in my eyes for a couple of tracks, beautiful music.

Another festival experience, The Prodigy Glastonbury 2000 and something, chose to go see them instead of Oasis on another stage at same time - awesome performance, no regrets, except the"legal high ecstasy" was a bit like drinking eight cans of full fat Pepsi - not recommended :)

The first one - due to the excitement and anticipation of seeing Mr Blackmore on stage (see what I did there) for the first time.

Rainbow, Leicester Granby Halls, November 1977. Just after England beat Italy 2-0 but still failed to qualify for Argentina on goal difference. RJD even mentioned it.

I wouldn't even say they are in my top 10 bands, but Rage Against the Machine at Leeds Festival a few years ago was epic. I try to avoid using the word epic normally because people have used it too much and its lost its true meaning. Certainly the best crowd.

For completely different reasons and in a very different genre, I saw Sufjan Stevens live the night before city won the FA Cup which I remember fondly.

So many....

Queen in their finest Rock days...Free Trade Hall '75.

Lynyrd Skynyrd...Free Trade Hall '76

Thin Lizzy.....Belle Vue '77

Blue Oyster Cult/Japan.....Free Trade Hall '78

The Church.....The Gallery '82

REM......The Gallery '84

Prince.....Lovesexy Tour '88

Cheap Trick......Vegas '97 and Dublin '04

Been to so many but one that stands out was Rancid at Manchester Apollo 2004.
Was 15 at the time, had to sneak to the gig on my own and my mate dropped out so it was just me... One of the best nights of my life.
Rammestein at Download Festival was just insane and Metallica when they played Master of puppets in full. Roger Waters The Wall was immense too. I could go on for hours if im honest!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.