best european weekend getaway for a couple

Prague and Riga are both really nice as well.

And Athens is definitely on my list of cities to go to - everyone I know who's been has loved it.

My wife and I went to prague a few years ago, was really nice! Also done Albufeira, but wasn't nearly as nice as prague

Lisbon is great and as mentioned Madrid. Went to Biarritz a couple of years ago, very nice and cheap flights from Manchester, along with Bordeaux.

If you're not afraid to spent a little dosh Bergen in Norway is gorgeous. Close to the fjords and a very nice cozy city centre.

Dubai Blue said:
We've just come back from 2 weeks in Spain. Did Barcelona, Valencia, Benahavis, Granada and Madrid.

I'd recommend all of them for their own reasons, but Valencia and Madrid are now two of my favourite European cities. Madrid is a sensational city, while Valencia also has the benefit of a great beach. Both have amazing architecture, great restaurants, excellent nightlife and cheap booze. Wine is cheaper than Coca-Cola in Valencia and I had a bucket of 5 Estrellas at a pavement cafe on the Gran Via in Madrid for 3 Euros last week while waiting for the Euro 2012 parade!

Take your pick - You can't go wrong with either of those.

How did you get about?

We travelled form Madrid to Valencia on the AVE high speed train. It was an amazing journey. Took about 90 mins at breakneck speed, without feeling as though we were actually moving.

Gibraltar.

Cheap flights direct from Manchester. You don't need to change your money. Some decent pubs and restaurants (but there are some shit ones too). Lots to see and do including great views from the top of the rock. Booze is cheap. It's so small you can walk from the airport to your hotel. It's not for everyone - it's more British than Britain so if you're looking for a different cultural experience then it won't be for you. Weather should still be OK in October.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.