Best ever atmosphere you've experienced for a City home game

City V Schalke in 70.

You could feel the hairs on the back of your neck standing up.
Quoting a 13 year old post, I know, but this is bang on. It was unreal just before KO as the noise built up around all four sides of Maine Rd. I'm certain it helped the players as we set off like a train and were 3 up in about 25 mins.

Football’s changed so much that comparing matches from today with matches from the 80s isn’t comparing like with like. Year by year the parameters by which we measure a good atmosphere have been reduced so that what we might now consider a white hot atmosphere would’ve been merely pretty good back when.

Best two I was at at Maine Road were Charlton and the Maine Rd massacre, prolonged pockets of bedlam and hysteria at both games.

Best two this century by a mile were the Vinny header 1-0 and Hamburg
Hamburg game was awesome

Charlton and Hamburg games for me. I was in the Top tier for the Hamburg game and I have never heard that much noise up there before or since. The Charlton game because of the atmosphere, the result, it’s importance and unless I’m mistaken very sunny weather is my 2nd favourite game of all time.
Ues Charlton was a warm Sunny day

Agree on Hamburg.

Last season, the best atmosphere I witnessed for home match was for Leeds and for the 4-3 win first leg semi vs Madrid. A bit deflated by the end, but was brilliant earlier on in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.