best ever away day

Cheesy said:
Here's one that's a bit left-field...

QPR away 1994, can't remember whether it was League or FA Cup. Pretty miserable night in London, nearly all the City fans arrived with only minutes to spare and it was just one big party in the away end. QPR fans were bang on too. Brilliant game & we won 4-3. No great significance, I just bloody loved every minute of it :-)
Got there at half time 2-1 down - great game.
I remember coming out of a pub after the game, looking at the red buses and thinking that was a bloody long journey for a couple of pints.

Taking over Macclesfield Town - the banter in the Macc end and Goater on 86 minutes, brilliant day out and it was only 15 minutes from where I live!

Stoke boxing day 89? Fancy dress, remember going down M6 loads of coaches etc everyone dressed up (and shouting abuse at rags coming up M6), best bit was the arse end of a camel going round the boozers looking for the front end cos his mate had his ticket and he couldn't find him.

Also Villa just before Italy 90, brummie police arresting everyone as they come out of pubs cos they had Italian police over, cop shop full of us 30 odd to a cell constant singing, manchester police there as well. They came and told us that we were one up the atmosphere was brilliant, return visit to birmingham was just as good to the magistrates and the pubs. They earned a fortune off us that week - hundreds fined for new law 'being drunk within the vicinity of a sporting event'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.