best ever away day

Wolves easter monday during KK's first season in charge, had flown over on the saturday morning for the forest game still fretful that we would blow up and miss out on promotion despite the fact that we were far superior to anything else in the league.
Watched us trounce forest 3, and then on the monday morning bust to wolves, stopped off just outside the town for a few beers but was too nervous to drink (much), the blues support was supperb but after the first five minutes or so the wanderers could not be heard.
Up with the baggies

Top marks to whoever said QPR,Great memories of Summerbees screamer

QPR was always a cracking awayday,that Springbok boozer near the ground.

Can remember qpr singing "city your from manchester" and "your the pride of manchester" at us

Always had a soft spot for the hoops since!

car nt believe it has nt been mentioned the 4 3 in the fa cup at spuds i was going mental in the house god knows what it was like there

ipswich away was a fantastic day apart from the result think we got beat 3 or 4-1 but the train journey and pubs and clubs made for a fantastic weekend.

blackburn .saw a lad who i know had been locked up , had to ask when he got out, he had gone awall from an open nick ! ( couldn't miss this said he ) me and him on the front of the m e n the next day

had some great away days, two to mention: fa cup semi at villa park went down to villa for a home game & got about 15 tickets through villa fans season tickets. great crack getting there on the day,van full of the lads off our estate- mental!
got to the ground & i,d never seen so many blues, filled three sides of the ground. brilliant atmosphere & paul powers curling free kick. the whole place went nuts.
the other one was chelsea away when jim tolmie scored & we won 1-0 .anyone that went on donalds coach will remember, what a day that was! indian sports shop owner in north london getting punched in the head through the glass door when trying to stop lads leaving with their "purchases" the coach full of stuff acquired on the way home. naughty days.

1981 FA CUP SEMI V IPSWICH at Villa,THAT game at Blackburn,etc
But as a young Blue this has to be the best.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeOAaxeSAnQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeOAaxeSAnQ</a>
Second leg of the 1969/70 League Cup semi-final between Manchester City and rags.
Was in the stretford end seats with my dad & uncles because we couldn't get in the scoreboard or paddock that City had.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv8R32mDg4Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv8R32mDg4Q</a>
Special mention

white hart lane
3-0 to spuds at half time with joey barton sent off
we won 4-3 :)
think it was fa or carling cup

qpr away fa cup 93 , 2-1 white and vonky

some of the best away support has been when its been the absoulte hardcore going , not necessarily the biggest game but its a memorable away day because you have made the effort

i didnt go to the faroes but fair play to everyone who did

and i didnt go to those 2 games in 3 days in the 80s, ipswich away followed by plymouth away (6-3 WIN?) and the 40 odd who went on the official supporters club coach including ian cheeseman got special awards off swales !

portsmouth away 2-1 paul simpson winner when we HAD to win that day

southampton lost 4-3 in the league cup, joe royle era, we were very loud and a brilliant variety of songs old and new

norwich away 1997 0-0 draw on a friday game, nothing game, a 25 minute non-stop chant of city til i die including all the way through half time and even though we had just 1200 there EVERYONE joined in with "joe mercer came we played the game"

coventry at highfield rd used to be good, the 2-2 in the cup the year we went down when the linesman got pelted with snowballs

so not the most famous or successful days out but days when the support was awesome

my own fave is the win at the swamp last year but if was old enough and had i gone to it i'd have said denis law sending the scumbags down in 74

Derby away ....... we lost 6-0 at the old Baseball ground , and Dean Saunders scored probably the best goal of that particular season.

After the sixth goal went in City fans started singing ... 'Always look on the bright side of life'!!

Everyone burst out laughing ..... even the local plod!

It was the first time i'd ever heard that sung at football matches , and was long before the rags laid claim to singin' it!

This was just one of many top class away days followin' the blues ...... far too many to single just one out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.