Votes: 21 12.5%
  • 2011-12 Home

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 2011-12 Away

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
Sven's Fluffer said:
Narrrrr,

this one was the muts nuts (and I was really hoping they would reissue a version).

mcy85hs_s.jpg

Nobody else feeling the love for this one? I feel so lonely.

Sven's Fluffer said:
Sven's Fluffer said:
Narrrrr,

this one was the muts nuts (and I was really hoping they would reissue a version).

mcy85hs_s.jpg

It's got a lot going for it.... it's blue with white colar and I like the retro badge, but it's just not a nice as recent blue with white colar.

The ultimate shirt IMO is this one.... obviously pre Umbro

bell2_180_180x250.jpg

Actually I think all the shirts from 1924 - Kappa would have been Umbro so the Colin Bell one qualifies.

Techno said:
Sven's Fluffer said:
Sven's Fluffer said:
Narrrrr,

mcy85hs_s.jpg

It's got a lot going for it.... it's blue with white colar and I like the retro badge, but it's just not a nice as recent blue with white colar.

bell2_180_180x250.jpg

iamdamienl said:
I'm surprised no one said last seasons one, with the check collar, the sound wave detail on the background and I think this is one of the best kits going

MCFC_2D00_HOME_2D00_11_2D00_12_2D00_Main.jpg

not_sure_if_srs.jpg

Last season's away (the red and black) is one of my all-time favourites.

Maybe it's just for sentimental reasons (Nelly, Big Mal), but I really liked that shirt, including the aleeves that ran the same way as the main body of material.

Techno said:
Sven's Fluffer said:
Sven's Fluffer said:
Narrrrr,

mcy85hs_s.jpg

bell2_180_180x250.jpg
Er; I think you'll find that shirt was Umbro as well. In the late sixties/early seventies, the manufacturer's logo was rarely seen on shirts. Even the club badge was not always on the shirt. Look at some of this Nelly footage as an example;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6m32-8gLus[/youtube]

Not even a City badge on the shirts.

jimharri said:
Techno said:
Sven's Fluffer said:

bell2_180_180x250.jpg
Er; I think you'll find that shirt was Umbro as well. In the late sixties/early seventies, the manufacturer's logo was rarely seen on shirts. Even the club badge was not always on the shirt. Look at some of this Nelly footage as an example;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6m32-8gLus[/youtube]

Not even a City badge on the shirts.

Umbro's name is a contraction of Humphrey Brothers, who were on the City board when Albert Alexander was chairman.

Umbro made City shirts for generations, I believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.