Best game you ever attended

CTID1988 said:
davymcfc said:
That was the first time they turned the lights out.

Was this the game we played "one step beyond" by madness at the end because chelsea blasted it out at their place when they beat us?

It was the 2-1 featured in Blue Moon Rising. I also thought the 2-1 that still gave us hope of winning the title was a special night too. Incredible atmosphere.

6-0 thumping of swindon at main road i think i was about 8 and the goals just seemed to go on forever. Or gillingham its was my birthday and my grandad took me at 2-0 lets go Ben sorry we spoilt your birthday. NOOO grandad lets wait BOOMMMMMM how do you like them apples

Re: Best game ever you attended

kippax81 said:
Derby at home 75/76 season 4-3.

A game that had everything. Will never forget my all time favourite player, Dennis Tueart, racing clear from the half way line to score the winner in the second half. Derby were probably the best side in the country at the time and were defending champions, if memory serves. Also my first year as a season ticket holder, sat on the benches in the Platt Lane :)
I recall being at that one and the 3-2 win the following season was pretty dramatic too with a late Tueart winner after we were down to 10 men following Mike Doyle being sent off.And another 70s Derby County game was a classic in 71-72 when Marsh was superb even though his signing lost us the title.I remember a huge crowd at Maine Rd that day.

I actually won a competition set by City on this subject a few years back, I think it was for an all time great matches suite or something ??? Anyway mine has to be Man City 1 Watford 0 circa 1982 (ish), big Joe Corrigan got stretchered off after about 10 mins and was replaced by Bobby McDonald (Pre goalie sub years), Bobby Mc had an absolute stormer between the sticks and on that performance should have been Englands number 1 !!!! LOL, brilliant atmosphere in the Kippax that day.

4-2 at home to arsenal a few years ago comes to mind.
Adebayor scoring and you know the rest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.