Best game you ever attended

hamburg - i know we didint win but jesus wept, what an atmosphere never felt anything like that at citys ground before that night... elano hitting the beans twice i think, scoring an offside goal etc was a quality match

Sheffield Wed 2 City 6. Lovely day, huge away following and Ali B at his wonderous best. I have never seen an individual performance like that before or since.

davymcfc said:
peoffrey said:
The 2-1 at home to Chelsea a few seasons back had everything. Own goal, City leading and then the penalty save towards the end. Lampard was usually so confident on the spot. It was a brilliant atmosphere.
That was the first time they turned the lights out.

Was this the game we played "one step beyond" by madness at the end because chelsea blasted it out at their place when they beat us?

Well i am lucky enough to of been to nearly all games mentioned who will ever forget the moment sergio scored against qpr having my grandson with me and my daughter was just unforgetable but for me the best i have felt after a game was beating them bastards at wembley the utter joy was just to much and im not afraid to say i cryied like a baby the shite i have seen and taken of those twats was just washed away in one game and to see the happy faces of fellow blues was something i will never forget the coach ride home was priceless.

4-1 win at Blackburn to get promoted under Joe Royle, battered for an hour, 1 down and they hit the woodwork for the fourth time and we go and win 4-1, 15k to 20k Blues in the ground, great day

City v Schalke in the ECWC, 1970. Fantastic atmosphere, and the King Colin chant was sang out loud and long. The chant [obviously with different lyrics] was adopted by the German supporters at the following World Cup finals in Mexico.

See the goals on youtube, and don't waste any time on searching out any empty seats or gaps because there were none.

1 - 0 derby of 2012 to take us top of the league above the rags. You don't get much better than that night as a blue!

guvnors son mcfc said:
Not including and Derbies / Gillingham / QPR or cup finals

Which is the best City game you have witnessed ?

For me :

City 3 Newcastle 3 when they were going for the title and Kinkladze had the game of his life. This game had everything and whilst we were having a shocking season the Geordies were sweeping everyone aside.
BALLET ON ICE

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.