Best Home Atmosphere 2022/23 Season

Arsenal for me. The Arsenal players were shocked by it. It was one of the most hostile I can ever remember at our stadium.

Better than Madrid for me because it was much more full of proper Blues. While the Blues there did create a great atmosphere against Madrid, there were too many non-Blues/daytrippers there which diluted it.

Loads just stood there motionless and not celebrating at the foot of CBL1 when Bernardo scored those two goals… same against Bayern with Rodri’s goal n’all… those kind of attendees can get fucked, don’t want them in our stadium! They’re clearly not City fans and are just there for the occasion.

They wouldn’t get in if the regular City fans turned up to Champions League games.

They wouldn’t get in if the regular City fans turned up to Champions League games.
I think you are hitting the nail on the head. Madrid was the first CL game this season where all the season card “regulars” showed up. This pushed many Matchday Cityzens out. Yes “the tourists” would have been quick on their keyboards to snap up tickets too.

FWIW, the train back across the Pennines wasn’t even full after the Madrid semi final. It’s always packed after CL group games and early knockout rounds. I’m mentioning this because it supports the view that there weren’t a load more “tourists” at the semi final.

FWIW, I welcome anyone as long as they get behind the Blues. That said, I do believe there should have been a win down for Cityzens who had attended more than 3 or 5 games.

1. Madrid
2. Arsenal
3. Bayern

A few special mentions that people might have forgotten were Palace, Villa and Leipzig, all of which had very decent atmospheres for the games they were.

Arsenal for me. It was the entire ground. With the family stand and Colin bell stand starting a lot of the chants off

Not sure why but that bayern one just felt like a special night for me

Outside of the three everyone saying I enjoyed the forest game I thought they brought the best support
Definitely the best away support in league at the etihad this year thought they were quality

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.