Best "of the moment" chants

The most spine chilling City chant in my life was this:

We adopted "We're not really here" in the lower divisions to make a bit of a joke about our shit status.

Blackburn away, May 2000. Finally we believed that the nightmare was over. But then it looked like we'd lost to Blackburn in TYypical City style.

Almost out of the blue we scored 4 times late in the game. With a couple of minutes to go, with euphoria around the stadium, the game over, fans massing for a pitch invasion...

An enormous and emotional "We are not, we're not really here" erupted right around the stadium. I am getting goosepimples as I write this. It was the first time the song had been flipped on it's head and was being used to reflect our good fortune. You can hear it on the video right before the final whistle.

The most spine chilling City chant in my life was this:

We adopted "We're not really here" in the lower divisions to make a bit of a joke about our shit status.

Blackburn away, May 2000. Finally we believed that the nightmare was over. But then it looked like we'd lost to Blackburn in TYypical City style.

Almost out of the blue we scored 4 times late in the game. With a couple of minutes to go, with euphoria around the stadium, the game over, fans massing for a pitch invasion...

An enormous and emotional "We are not, we're not really here" erupted right around the stadium. I am getting goosepimples as I write this. It was the first time the song had been flipped on it's head and was being used to reflect our good fortune. You can hear it on the video right before the final whistle.
I remember that well just as the stewards were telling us they wouldn't be trying to stop us going on the pitch.

Let's all do the Poznan!

Good fun that game, I think largely due to the fact there were loads of Manc Poznan Poles there who'd adopted City as their new local club.

Singing 'England's, number 1' to John Ruddy when we beat Norwich 7-0 with Hart having just been dropped. (the Norwich fans were singing it before the goals started raining in)

I can't get to many games being from Oz but I remember at the game vs West Ham where Big Nige scored and Rob Green was fresh from his 2010 World Cup heroics. First half at my end we were chanting to Joe "England's number 1. England's, England's number 1" and second half chanting at Green "England's number 5. England's, England's number 5". Piss funny.

Also where did the "you're just a shit Michael Jackson" Nani song originate? I don't know if that was City fans but it always cracked me up.

Police officer dibble..he was a legend on the kippax..dibble wears suspenders haha haha.ha haha

You're right Dibble was a legend. Whenever it kicked off everyone would sing "Dibble will protect us, Dibble will protect us na na na na - na na na na" and he would nod or thumbs up. That wouldn't happen these days!

The one a few weeks ago when the scousers were booing Ederson for having the nerve to headbutt Mane's boot.

Its never your fault
Its never your fault
Always the victim
Its never your fault

And later in the same game;

You live in the past
You Live in the past
Just like united
You live in the past

To Wimbledon fans in the '90's;
"Your kit was made in Cheetham Hill,
Your kit was made in Cheetham Hill,
And manufactured in Piccadilly,
Your kit was made in Cheetham Hill."
Same team and about 90/91 time. YOU MUST OF COME IN A TAXI.. then.. COME ON A SKATEBOARD! tickled me that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.