Best striker in Premier League history?

Who was the best?

• Total voters
Alan Shearer all day. 2nd Aguero ...

Shearer was a beast. Right place right time.
If you want to win matches Aguero was a better option. Ask yourself this, Whos the better striker one that scores 1 goal every game or one that scores a goal every 2 games. Its the first obviously, you can change the ratio slightly to reflect each players goals per min but you can draw the same conclusion. Therefore it stands to reason that the best striker has to be Sergio.

Henry is the best all round player I’ve seen in the Premier League but I think Aguero is a better goal scorer. I often wonder what Shearer’s record would have been if he’d played in a team as good as Henry’s Arsenal or Aguero’s City.

Aguero.

Blue tinted glasses off, Henry. That bloke had it all. Pure class

If you want to win matches Aguero was a better option. Ask yourself this, Whos the better striker one that scores 1 goal every game or one that scores a goal every 2 games. Its the first obviously, you can change the ratio slightly to reflect each players goals per min but you can draw the same conclusion. Therefore it stands to reason that the best striker has to be Sergio.
Surely that is countered by those around them? Shearer never played with players that assisted at the same rate, thus more clinical?

Surely that is countered by those around them? Shearer never played with players that assisted at the same rate, thus more clinical?
I hear what your saying but thats speculation and i would also counter that by pointing out that Shearer also played in a sides that played very attacking football ans who created lots of chances, he won the PL once, came runner up three times and finished in the top four another four times. You could put the same case forward for several other strikers but its Aguero everytime for me.

Dont like these threads. Same as the best TV show threads, best album threads, etc. that isnt what being talented and entertaining and bringing different things to the table is about. Its all art, and top athletes the same

I hear what your saying but thats speculation and i would also counter that by pointing out that Shearer also played in a sides that played very attacking football ans who created lots of chances, he won the PL once, came runner up three times and finished in the top four another four times. You could put the same case forward for several other strikers but its Aguero everytime for me.
And I get your argument ‘for’, all about opinions and kun is definitely in the argument which is enough for me … shearer though was a bloody beast, as said earlier, I’m thankful mr Walker and halls pockets were deeper as under the pisscan this would be a different conversation!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.