Best thing about Jack Rodwell

de niro said:
He is young, he does have potential, what you don't do though is play young players with potential against Borussia fucking Dortmund .

When he's older and if and when he reaches that potential you play him ffs. Till then leave the lad out, it does him or the team no good whatsoever .

Bill you are far too sensible for this site at times. ;-)

de niro said:
He is young, he does have potential, what you don't do though is play young players with potential against Borussia fucking Dortmund .

When he's older and if and when he reaches that potential you play him ffs. Till then leave the lad out, it does him or the team no good whatsoever .

Agree in principle, though hands were tied somewhat by Barry being injured. I know he could have used Milner but, whatever anyone else thinks, RM just doesn't rate him highly enough to play in a two man midfield. With hindsight, he would have been a better option, of course, in that he in all likelihood wouldn't have fucked up on such a grand scale! But I can understand why Mancini went with Rodwell, in that he is probably a bit more disciplined in his positioning than Milner and so might - in theory at least - complement Yaya better. Course, didn't work out like that.

sh249 said:
de niro said:

Agree in principle, though hands were tied somewhat by Barry being injured. I know he could have used Milner but, whatever anyone else thinks, RM just doesn't rate him highly enough to play in a two man midfield. With hindsight, he would have been a better option, of course, in that he in all likelihood wouldn't have fucked up on such a grand scale! But I can understand why Mancini went with Rodwell, in that he is probably a bit more disciplined in his positioning than Milner and so might - in theory at least - complement Yaya better. Course, didn't work out like that.

Could have told bob it wouldn't work , the boys not ready.

Did the people who think he has real potential and bags of talent actually watch him at Everton? I watched him quite a bit and never once did he strike me as a player who has the potential to be anything more than a mid to bottom of the table Prem team player. I doubted he'd actually make it at Everton long term and was stunned we bought him. Even when we signed him David Platt made it sound as if it was a shot in the dark.

Other than being young and athletic what does he have. No one can claim he has a great passing range, is a great dribbler, has great defensive qualities or is a goal threat. Yet I keep reading about his talent and potential. Is this based on just a guess or blind faith?

Surely a player of real potential would be showing real quality, but mixed in with signs of lack of experience. For example, he should be spraying the ball around well, but sometimes making poor decisions or over ambitious passes. Maybe he should be winning loads of tackles, but sometimes looking like a headless chicken. He could be a real goal threat, but at times shoots when a pass would be better. But Rodwell shows nothing like this and never has.

bluemiester said:
Did the people who think he has real potential and bags of talent actually watch him at Everton? I watched him quite a bit and never once did he strike me as a player who has the potential to be anything more than a mid to bottom of the table Prem team player. I doubted he'd actually make it at Everton long term and was stunned we bought him. Even when we signed him David Platt made it sound as if it was a shot in the dark.

Other than being young and athletic what does he have. No one can claim he has a great passing range, is a great dribbler, has great defensive qualities or is a goal threat. Yet I keep reading about his talent and potential. Is this based on just a guess or blind faith?

Surely a player of real potential would be showing real quality, but mixed in with signs of lack of experience. For example, he should be spraying the ball around well, but sometimes making poor decisions or over ambitious passes. Maybe he should be winning loads of tackles, but sometimes looking like a headless chicken. He could be a real goal threat, but at times shoots when a pass would be better. But Rodwell shows nothing like this and never has.
Two words Jermaine Jenas. A teenager who was extremely athletic and had massive reputation as youth player as he was physically ahead of his age group. Once they started to play senior football, the physical advantage disappears. But due to the hype they came in as youth players, every little thing they do well will get massive praise.

The two high-profile mistakes he has made have been the result of passing instinctively whilst not looking. That they both ended in goals being conceded compounded the mistake and you could see he was aware of his culpability.. He's not alone in doing this, however, as our skipper has been guilty of some absolute howlers this season, often passing straight to an opponent who is clearly in his vision.

When Dzeko is playing, Rodwell also changes our style of play by knocking balls over the top into the channels for him to hold up. This stretches the opposition defence in a way NDJ never managed.

Will need to learn fast, as did Lescott when he arrived. It's quite a leap coming from the frantic and combative style of play demanded at Goodison to our more measured and precise tempo, so he will make mistakes; just pray they don't all end up behind Joe.

We are not a team that can afford these mistakes over and over again if we want to keep the title. If he can't hack it at this level then he shouldn't be playing

bobmcfc said:
We are not a team that can afford these mistakes over and over again if we want to keep the title. If he can't hack it at this level then he shouldn't be playing

It might have been a Rodwell pass that ended in a Dortmund goal, but there were mistakes like that all over the park, there were a number from Yaya that were simply jaw dropping, any number of which could have ended up in the back of the net had it not been for Joe.

We need to give Rodwell some slack, he was not alone in being poor that night.

We had two in midfield against 3 from Dortmund. Rodwell wasn't the only one to make mistakes, Yaya mis-placed passes and got caught in possession several times.

It's a fact of life that when you are under too much pressue you'll make mistakes.

I notice that Gracia left the scene early as he couldn't handle the intensity of it all. At least Rodwell was fit enough.

The real problem we have is having four world class strikers to find places for when in the Champions League we only need one of them. If only we had another world class central midfielder instead of one of these strikers we'd be laughing.

All those who are writing off Rodwell already do me a favour! You just want an easy scapegoat you sad, pathetic excuse for fans!

Mancini Manus Domini said:
We had two in midfield against 3 from Dortmund. Rodwell wasn't the only one to make mistakes, Yaya mis-placed passes and got caught in possession several times.

It's a fact of life that when you are under too much pressue you'll make mistakes.

I notice that Gracia left the scene early as he couldn't handle the intensity of it all. At least Rodwell was fit enough.

The real problem we have is having four world class strikers to find places for when in the Champions League we only need one of them. If only we had another world class central midfielder instead of one of these strikers we'd be laughing.

All those who are writing off Rodwell already do me a favour! You just want an easy scapegoat you sad, pathetic excuse for fans!

Garcia got injured. Your having a go at people for criticising rodwell yet making unfounded accusations against another player ? Very hypocritical

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.